2012 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award- THE AWARDS THREAD | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2012 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award- THE AWARDS THREAD

Re: The 2012 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award - Round 6 vs Port Adelaide - VOTE HERE

3 Maric
2 Lids
1 Grimes

Re: The 2012 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award - Round 6 vs Port Adelaide - VOTE HERE

3. Maric
2. Grimes
1. Tuck

Apologies to Lids - a quiet 3rd qtr hurt him.

3 - Maric
2 - Deledio
1 - Tuck

Baloo said:
Ever seen Slumdog Millionaire ? Nahas is a dead ringer for the lead.

That is classic - unfortunately in today's PC world that could be considered racist. Silent minority sucking the humour out of everything.

PBoRSM said:
That is classic - unfortunately in today's PC world that could be considered racist. Silent minority sucking the humour out of everything.

That's the first time I've heard it referred to as racist. Let's allow the silent minority to make the PC move before we shoot them down for it. :)

He does have bear a resemblance to the male lead of Slumdog Millionaire. I've referred to him as Slumdog since it was first mentioned here on PRE.

Now....back to topic.

Panthera tigris FC said:
That's the first time I've heard it referred to as racist. Let's allow the silent minority to make the PC move before we shoot them down for it. :)

He does have bear a resemblance to the male lead of Slumdog Millionaire. I've referred to him as Slumdog since it was first mentioned here on PRE.

Now....back to topic.

Like I say - the reference is fine with me.

Baloo said:
Ever seen Slumdog Millionaire ? Nahas is a dead ringer for the lead.
Ahhhhhhhh........yup I can see it. Apologies to Patheris I will stop hijacking your thread.

Re: The 2012 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award - Round 4 vs Geelong - RESULTS POSTED

2012 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award
Voting Results for Round 6 vs Port Adelaide

PORT ADELAIDE 1.2 2.2 6.4 8.6 (54)
RICHMOND 3.2 8.7 9.10 13.13 (91)

GOALS
Port Adelaide: Renouf, Broadbent 2, Stewart, Jacobs, Butcher, Young
Richmond: Riewoldt 4, Nahas 3, King 2, Miller, Newman, Deledio, Conca

Rank Change Player 3 VOTES 2 VOTES 1 VOTE RD TOTAL TOTAL VOTES AVG
1 - Trent Cotchin 0 0 0 0 546 0 91.0
2 - Brett Deledio 7 21 22 85 471 50 78.5
3 ↑4 Ivan Maric 69 9 1 226 354 79 59.0
4 ↓1 Alex Rance 0 0 0 0 248 0 41.3
5 ↓1 Nathan Foley 0 0 0 0 202 0 33.7
6 ↓1 Shaun Grigg 0 0 0 0 200 0 33.3
7 ↓1 Shane Tuck 1 7 7 24 184 15 30.7
8 - Reece Conca 0 0 0 0 114 0 19.0
9 ↑5 Robin Nahas 2 23 16 68 86 41 14.3
10 ↑1 Dylan Grimes 0 10 17 37 73 27 12.2
11 ↑1 Steven Morris 0 7 14 28 50 21 8.3
12 ↓3 Jake Batchelor 0 0 0 0 42 0 8.4
13 ↓3 Dustin Martin 0 1 0 2 40 1 6.7
14 ↓1 Jack Riewoldt 0 0 1 1 22 1 3.7
15 - Bachar Houli 0 0 0 0 7 0 1.2
16 - Brad Miller 0 0 0 0 6 0 1.0
17 ↑1 Chris Newman 0 1 0 2 3 1 0.5
18 ↓1 Brandon Ellis 0 0 0 0 2 0 0.3
=19 NEW Matt Dea 0 0 1 1 1 1 0.5
=19 ↓1 Addam Maric 0 0 0 0 1 0 0.3
Total Voters=79

256502.jpg

MATCH REPORT
by TheCan

Report from the northern stand at AAMI.

Given the quality of Port Adelaide I would not get carried away by the win and for mine it was perfect football weather. If AFL players don’t like those conditions they should not be in the game: light drizzle, no wind, mild (not cold) weather and a superb deck to suit. So I can forgive a couple of fumbles of the slippery ball.

Overall the RFC did enough to get the points, the biggest positive yesterday was mainly the setup of the team to deploy the press and being able to move it around to position. Obviously the polish was not there, but I was really impressed with the back line into midfield movement. It was excellent watching for the first time behind the goals, you can appreciate what Hardwick is trying to deploy. We sort of broke down forward of centre for a variety of reasons, but mainly to me a lack of intent to punish Port, that and our talls are still on holiday. Any other team would have walked out of AAMI with a 12 goals+ victory.

In patches of the 1st, 2nd and 4th quarters we played some clinical football. In the 3rd quarter you can tell the boys got complacent, although it upset me, Port threw everything in the 3rd and could not get within 20 points although right on the death they could of pinched one to make it 18 points. Our forward line at the moment is killing us and against Sydney and Essendon if it does not improve we will get slaughtered. I say this as for one we are missing set shots from 30 out (unforgivable for mine if you on 500K+) which would have killed the contest in the 2nd, but its inability to then keep the pressure on in F50 is what worries me. Although in patches we made Port cough it up, other teams in the 8 look and work far stronger than us in F50.

Player Rating

Houli 6.5/10 = worked hard but coughed it up every second disposal, hardly was seen delivering forward of centre as a result.
Newman 8/10 = solid game running up and down, presenting, tackling and organising like a capt should.
Rance 7/10 = I think Alex is a jet but he really needs to stop the cute handball and kicks first, and just keep it tough and clean and he will be a bloody good player.
Grimes 9/10 = Best game I have seen him play in our jumper, strong, fast, effective disposals and running off his man all day. great game by dylan.
Batchlor 7.5/10 = solid game and still very much learning, the clangers will stop with experience, but overall very smart footballer.
Ellis 7/10 = You can tell he is still not used to the pace of the league, but you can also tell he will be a very very good onballer soon for us.
Morris 8.5/10 = You can never say anything bad about anyone who is willing to put his head over the ball every time for the team, and plays within his limits for a 6 game player, absolute cracker of a father son, with good disposal too, I can’t remember if he had any clangers.
Dea 7/10 did alot of good pressure acts and showed some class in a few contests, will be keen to see more of him
Tuck 8/10 = bashed and crashed all day which was required in those
Deledio 8.5/10 = Solid game went missing in the 3rd but showed his class in all the other quarters, heaps of tackles which was good.
Cotchin 7/10 = heavily tagged which freed up Deledio
Foley 6.5/10 = quiet game hardly knew he was on the ground
Martin 7/10 = starting to break the packs and would of rated him higher if the forwads where able to hold his entries.
Conca 7/10 = got a few touches and missed a few targets, but did enough not to be bad.
Grigg 7/10 = same as conca.
King 7/10 = two good goals but generally unsighted, hard day to come back from 3 weeks outs.
Maric 10/10 = absolute cracker of a game, all the superlatives are deserved, did not look like dropping any of his wet weather contested marks, run into all the correct positions down back, kicked cleanly in the weather...and won the ruck on his own....if a 200cm can do all that in the wet, surely our more fancied players should too which is the sole reason I cained houli.
Nahas 9/10 = Mr AAMI stadium, absolutely loves that deck, should of had 4 goals, but was running and tackling again like last year, much better coming out of the middle.
Miller 6/10 = Millsy got a few tackles in the forward line was driven out to the flank alot, but should really of had a couple more goals.
Jack 6/10 = Some will say at least he in contributing, but I feel that aint good enough. For our star forward I expect more. I understand he is down, but he should react in a blue collar effort and take a leaf out of the labourers in the team. Needs to stop the petulance, needs to work harder than he is. Two weeks in a row missed from 25 out in the same position.
Ty 4/10 = I hope he is playing injured, if the case rest him, but somethings wrong, I would be thinking Coburg if not injured.
Edwards = 6/10 as a sub was ok

The team I will rank 7/10 and thats being polite, the next 2 games are season defining, I say this as they are the ones that will split us from the top 8 or will consolidate the top 10 teams closer, in which anything can happen, drop the next 2 and I will go out on a limb and say we are done and dusted for the year.

EDITORIAL
by Panthera tigris FC

Many thanks to TheCan for a great report from a fan at the ground. His summary pretty much matched how the game looked on the TV with the Tigers playing one of their worst games for the year, but fortunately it came against the lowly Port Adelaide who never looked liked threatening after the Tigers pummelled them in the 2nd quarter.

A healthy 79 ballots were cast this week, up on recent weeks, as is typical when the Tigers have a victory. Only one name appeared on every one of those ballots - Ivan Maric - who played, probably, his best game of AFL footy to date in his young career. Racking up over 200 votes has catapulted him into the top 3, rightly reflecting the pivotal role he is playing in the Richmond midfield this year. It is truly amazing to see the difference a good, aggressive ruckman can make. This boy will never die wondering and is certainly tracking better than many could have hoped for. Deledio continued his early season sensational form and was rightly rewarded at the polling booth. After a relatively subdued game in round 1, Lids has been consistently in best players for Richmond. He has ranked in the top 2 Richomnd players in 4 of the 6 matches, including 2 Best Tiger on Ground awards. He is a pivotal part of the side and his pace, poise and disposal put him in the upper echelon of the elite at Richmond and the AFL. Finally, Nahas was rewarded for another influential game at AAMI. I don't know what it is about this ground, but he certainly bounced back after a quiet game against West Coast in the previous week. Perhaps the return of King to the forward line has freed him up to move further afield, but he won plenty of ball and was damaging when he got his hands on it.

This week sees an intriguing match between Richmond and a Goodes-less Sydney at the 'G. One of our best and most unexpected victories of 2011 came against Sydney at the 'G. It would be great to see a repeat performance!

Carn' the Tiges!

Re: The 2012 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award-Round 7 vs Sydney - VOTE HERE

WOW - first 2 pretty easy.

3- Grimes

2- Grigg

1- Foley - tackling wow.

Sorry Maric and Deledio, and heaps of others

3. Andy Collins Grigg
2. Grimes
1. Lids

Cotch, Rance, Foley, Tuck, Mullet unlucky

3 - Foley (tackling, clearances, he set us up)
2 - Rance (killed Reid all day, onya Alex)
1 - Grimes (love the way he plays, onya Grimesy)

GO TIGERS!!!!!

3 - Griggy
2 - Grimey
1 - Foley

3 Grigg
2 Grimes
1 Newman

3. Grimes
2. Grigg
1. Maric

Special mention to Deledio

3. Grigg
2.Grimes
1. Martin

3. Foley
2. Cotchin
1. Grigg

evo said:
3. Grigg
2.Grimes
1. Martin

Same, apologies to ,Eeeevvvaaannnn,Lids,Skip,Tross & The schlong !!

Sh!!t I forgot Axle