Welcome Tyler Sonsie | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Tyler Sonsie

Sonz seems to keep going missing when needed yet at other times he shows his undoubted talent to all. A bit of a mystery but should be given a run so see if he can meld into the mids more efficiently

Reactions: 1 user
Did some good stuff n some not so good, nothing that wasn't expected from a youngster trying to find his way in the game. But there was one incident that pissed me off. Tupperware tough guy moment near the 50 metre arc, Warne stand side of the ground at the punt rd end 3rd qtr. We lost the pill in front of goal n the frockers worked it safe out wide. Sonz went on a manic sprint and as the loose ball went over the boundary n a frockers player relaxed coz the ball was dead, Sonz crashed him. Thought for certain the maggots were gunna ping him for at least a cheap free n possibly worse. End of last year in the magoos Sonz clouted some bloke when the ball was out n dead n was lucky to only get a few weeks, yet once again he's there being tuff when the ball's out n dead.

Like most of our young players, needs a bit more muscle.
Keep playing him.

Rather bring back Tim Fleming.
What a nothing footballer.
Always 2 steps behind in a tackle, always 2 steps away from winning the ball.
Shouldve picked up his mate

Stats don’t read too bad but being at the game he looks like a child out there, no physicality and pushed off easily.
Not tall and not strong, he is 21 not 18 and also should have a tank already being a junior mid and in the system for a while. Need to watch TV replay
Happy to keep playing him but not optimistic about long term

Reactions: 3 users
Stats don’t read too bad but being at the game he looks like a child out there, no physicality and pushed off easily.
Not tall and not strong, he is 21 not 18 and also should have a tank already being a junior mid and in the system for a while. Need to watch TV replay
Happy to keep playing him but not optimistic about long term
Nothing.
Can't keep playing him when he has No strengths.
Not fast.
Not a pack Buster
Not a ball winner.

Did some good stuff n some not so good, nothing that wasn't expected from a youngster trying to find his way in the game. But there was one incident that pissed me off. Tupperware tough guy moment near the 50 metre arc, Warne stand side of the ground at the punt rd end 3rd qtr. We lost the pill in front of goal n the frockers worked it safe out wide. Sonz went on a manic sprint and as the loose ball went over the boundary n a frockers player relaxed coz the ball was dead, Sonz crashed him. Thought for certain the maggots were gunna ping him for at least a cheap free n possibly worse. End of last year in the magoos Sonz clouted some bloke when the ball was out n dead n was lucky to only get a few weeks, yet once again he's there being tuff when the ball's out n dead.
So you dont like how Sonsie bumped the opposition because it might have been s free kick. But it wasnt.
Neither unpire nor oppo reacted.
So what was there that pissed you off?

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Some poor posting here on Sonsie imo. He is an outside mid and some his work when we did manage to put some possession chain together was very good yesterday.
He is not a competitive beast but that isn’t his role.
I was at the game and watching him close up his footwork in traffic is actually quite good.
Has to play

Reactions: 10 users
Some poor posting here on Sonsie imo. He is an outside mid and some his work when we did manage to put some possession chain together was very good yesterday.
I was at the game and watching him close up his footwork in traffic is actually quite good.
Has to play
Outside mid🤔
Stop making excuses for him
He is soft , end of story

So you dont like how Sonsie bumped the opposition because it might have been s free kick. But it wasnt.
Neither unpire nor oppo reacted.
So what was there that pissed you off?
Read the post again n try a little comprehension.
Undisciplined late contact, out of play n dead ball. Tupperware tuff n bloody stupid. Considering how we're always victimised n harshly treated by the maggots every game, perhaps there's an underlying reason why the maggots don't like us much.

Has to play
Yep. Time to pump a handful of games into him, plus a few of our other fringies playing in the VFL. Season is totally *smile* and Ouzo needs to find out who and what he's got that's capable of becoming a decent seniors player.
Still unconvinced about Sonz but there's plenty of experienced players not giving a whole lot at the moment so keep shuffling the deck chairs, we might find something that floats.

Yep. Time to pump a handful of games into him, plus a few of our other fringies playing in the VFL. Season is totally *smile* and Ouzo needs to find out who and what he's got that's capable of becoming a decent seniors player.
Still unconvinced about Sonz but there's plenty of experienced players not giving a whole lot at the moment so keep shuffling the deck chairs, we might find something that floats.
Agree. I also think that Sonsie will be much better with Taranto and Hopper in the team. It is really hard to play an outside mid role when you are getting smashed at the clearances

Reactions: 8 users
Yeh, he has some skills we need. Just needs to get fitter and stronger, but he can excute under pressure and that's not something a lot of our young players do. Just have to keep playing him.

Reactions: 3 users
At one stage the centre bounce was Sonz Shai and Bakes.
Pickett rucking.
That lineup could fit in at flemington

Reactions: 1 users
A lot of our other players keep getting games, whether they’re down on form or playing out of position.
Until we get key players back and we get some form and fitness, the team will look like it’s just been cobbled together.
And the results show that. I can handle players struggling, not being quite at the level yet, or their form being down.

The non negotiable for me is effort.
Too many, not all, didn’t show much in this game.

But..
Players like Sonsie, Brown, Campbell and Banks are still quite immature and still finding their feet.
Most young players haven‘t the physical stamina and mental strength that more experienced players have with more games under their belt. There are exceptions of course.
I’ve said Campbell may need a break soon, just as a circuit breaker. As others will too.

Until then keep playing Sonsie, Brown and others. Keep introducing others like Steely Green. Give them blocks of games. Let them settle in, get more experienced players back, then play the younger players in positions they’re better suited for.

Reactions: 6 users
Yeh, he has some skills we need. Just needs to get fitter and stronger, but he can excute under pressure and that's not something a lot of our young players do. Just have to keep playing him.
I will keep asking this question- how can a junior mid, 3 years in the system off a full pre -season not be fit enough?

Reactions: 1 users