Welcome Tyler Sonsie | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Tyler Sonsie

There's some ridiculous *smile* in this thread. Anyone remember a certain No. 18 who was pilloried from every direction early doors. . Turned out a reasonable player. Have an aspro. Chill. We are on the other side of the mountain now. Is it 5 years to the top? Is it 37? No one knows.

Reactions: 4 users
There's some ridiculous *smile* in this thread. Anyone remember a certain No. 18 who was pilloried from every direction early doors. . Turned out a reasonable player. Have an aspro. Chill. We are on the other side of the mountain now. Is it 5 years to the top? Is it 37? No one knows.
I remember early issues with Corey Ellis, Lennon, RCD and even Tambling. None of them got significantly better with more time and patience.

Sonsie hasn’t played a decent AFL game in 18 months and there are justifiably serious question marks over him now. He may yet come good but the longer it takes the less likely it will happen.

Reactions: 2 users
:)There's some ridiculous *smile* in this thread. Anyone remember a certain No. 18 who was pilloried from every direction early doors. . Turned out a reasonable player. Have an aspro. Chill. We are on the other side of the mountain now. Is it 5 years to the top? Is it 37? No one knows.
Number 10 was known as "shank" and number 14 was weak in the contest

I remember early issues with Corey Ellis, Lennon, RCD and even Tambling. None of them got significantly better with more time and patience.

Sonsie hasn’t played a decent AFL game in 18 months and there are justifiably serious question marks over him now. He may yet come good but the longer it takes the less likely it will happen.

Tambling doesn't add to your argument. He was AFL quality, but was drafted above where his talent really suggested and because he was picked just before Buddy was compared to him his entire career.

The other 3 - Ellis, Lennon and RCD - they all shared the exact same characteristics. They didn't blow games apart in the 2's. They all had the occasional moments in the 1's or 2's that made you go, ok, but there could never string anything together.

I don't see that with a lot of our current list, I've seen a lot more moments from many of them, than I ever see with the 3 you mention.

Reactions: 1 users
Tambling doesn't add to your argument. He was AFL quality, but was drafted above where his talent really suggested and because he was picked just before Buddy was compared to him his entire career.
Poor old Bling was always gunna be crucified by us picking him ahead of Flanklin. Managed to build a decent career at AFL level n if he'd been drafted at around 40 to 50 no-one would have said boo about his career.
Got pumped up a few times by some senior teammates and occasionally produced some gifted moments of footy but never quite became what us nuffies so desperately hoped for.
Sad bit is that he was rather harshly nick named Ambling or the Witness for nearly all his time at Richmond. Scary bit is that the Sonz reminds me a lot of Bling.

Reactions: 1 user
Poor old Bling was always gunna be crucified by us picking him ahead of Flanklin. Managed to build a decent career at AFL level n if he'd been drafted at around 40 to 50 no-one would have said boo about his career.
Got pumped up a few times by some senior teammates and occasionally produced some gifted moments of footy but never quite became what us nuffies so desperately hoped for.
Sad bit is that he was rather harshly nick named Ambling or the Witness for nearly all his time at Richmond. Scary bit is that the Sonz reminds me a lot of Bling.
His first possession in a Richmond jumper didn’t do him any favours. Clearance goal from 60. Poor fella.

Reactions: 1 user
Looked better in the midfield than the forward role. If we need to make way for Prestia and Graham, I'd prefer not to dump Sonsie after one game in the middle

Was okay but if he plays as a midfielder in the future would need a midfield bull or two to help him as he has no physical presence in contests.

Needs to be given the Dow treatment and given a number of games in the middle, as he has a significantly higher upside than Dow.

Has basically the same game time as Baker and the same disposals. Thought some of his kicking was elite , as in took an option when most would not see the options - 83.3% DE!! Needs to build a tank. His spread is not good enough at the moment (like all of todays midfield).