Sam Kerr - police charge discussion | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sam Kerr - police charge discussion

So maybe the copper was of Irish descent.
Does that then mean it could have been a racist comment?

no.

to be analogous youde need to say to an Irish police officer

'you spud-eating dumb mick bastard'

white Irish is an ethnic minority in Great Britain.

any white person who says they are offended by being called white is confused.

they are actually nostalgic; annoyed that they can't vilify brown and black people like they used to.

people have never been subjugated, enslaved, degraded on the basis of having white skin.

its really not that hard to understand.

Reactions: 1 users

Great article by John Silvester on this incident.

To suggest that if Kerr called the policeman a stupid white bastard it is racially charged is just plain silly. Vilification is used against people who have been the victims of traditional oppression.

Reactions: 1 user
no.

to be analogous youde need to say to an Irish police officer

'you spud-eating dumb mick bastard'

white Irish is an ethnic minority in Great Britain.

any white person who says they are offended by being called white is confused.

they are actually nostalgic; annoyed that they can't vilify brown and black people like they used to.

people have never been subjugated, enslaved, degraded on the basis of having white skin.

its really not that hard to understand.
I think you missed my point.
“Black” or just Irish were the exception according to DavidSSS posts #69 and #73.ie definition of racism

Last edited:

Great article by John Silvester on this incident.

To suggest that if Kerr called the policeman a stupid white bastard it is racially charged is just plain silly. Vilification is used against people who have been the victims of traditional oppression.
Its bloody ridiculous. Dumb by Kerr, thats for sure. Racist? Possibly on a technicality, but effectively no. Cop traumatised? I haven't bothered following it, but if he's claiming that, its ludicrous. Trying to make a name for himself? Milking his encounter with fame? A lot of people would do that I suppose. He might get a few grand? But its a bit pathetic.

I thought it was telling when the story broke that various newsreaders had a skeptical and slightly confused demeanor.

Its bloody ridiculous. Dumb by Kerr, thats for sure. Racist? Possibly on a technicality, but effectively no. Cop traumatised? I haven't bothered following it, but if he's claiming that, its ludicrous. Trying to make a name for himself? Milking his encounter with fame? A lot of people would do that I suppose. He might get a few grand? But its a bit pathetic.

I thought it was telling when the story broke that various newsreaders had a skeptical and slightly confused demeanor.

yes. Ugly, Fat, Dumb?

Porcine, if she wanted to be clever

but she was probably pretty pissed

Reactions: 1 user
I think you missed my point.
“Black” or just Irish were the exception according to DavidSSS posts #69 and #73.ie definition of racism

Do you not understand or is this just trolling?

Just asking, because it is clearly one or the other.

DS

Do you not understand or is this just trolling?

Just asking, because it is clearly one or the other.

DS
Well one minute you claimed the “black” Irish were discriminated and then you just said Irish.
Go and read over your own posts from when you first mentioned “black” Irish.

Your narrative changed, not mine

Well one minute you claimed the “black” Irish were discriminated and then you just said Irish.
Go and read over your own posts from when you first mentioned “black” Irish.

Your narrative changed, not mine

Ok, you just don't get it, not surprised. Others understood.

Mental note to self: spell it out, remember the strategies you used when a primary teacher.

DS

Ok, you just don't get it, not surprised. Others understood.

Mental note to self: spell it out, remember the strategies you used when a primary teacher.

DS
No, I got it all right. “Black” Irish/ Irish. Not black as in African descent but by being persecuted.
*smile* you find the insignificant to dwell on