Round 5 VFL - Richmond v Casey | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 5 VFL - Richmond v Casey

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
i hope whoever does our vfl Recruiting is helping with our afl side also. Should have taken Clarke's job.

Reactions: 1 user

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Sons when he’s played as a mid had 32D 5M 3T 10Clearances

Reactions: 1 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Great, gutsy win although I was worried we'd be over-run in the end. Gutsy efforts by many players and Morro has got them hanging tough with an undermanned side - Casey had twice the number AFL players 14/7.

And TBF, Kosi took some strong contested marks in Q4, both F50/D50. Street is a fine captain, leads from the front. Cumbo may not be AFL class I have to admit, but he has a real go with pressure and tackles in the F50

Reactions: 3 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Sons when he’s played as a mid had 32D 5M 3T 10Clearances

10 clearances was huge. We've put a heap into Dow in the midfield at AFL level and he's shown very little. A couple of back to back games like this by the Sonz and we should be giving him a crack at the same spot for 5-6 weeks too to see if he belongs, he can't be any worse than Dow in that role.

Reactions: 6 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
10 clearances was huge. We've put a heap into Dow in the midfield at AFL level and he's shown very little. A couple of back to back games like this by the Sonz and we should be giving him a crack at the same spot for 5-6 weeks too to see if he belongs, he can't be any worse than Dow in that role.
Agree, must get Sonz back in the 1sts next week.

yo_eddy

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 18, 2023
It's interesting that lack of skills especially by foot has killed us in the firsts, but we have a number of players in the VFL who are excellent by foot. Unfortunately they probably don't (yet) have the size and running power for AFL. But the cupboard is definitely not bare.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Least Sonz can kick thats a start.;

TygerTyger

oh yeah!
Oct 17, 2006
Richmond
Thought that Archie May looked pretty good in the second half (I missed the first half).
Smith, Sonz and Street looking a class above. Sone of that ball movement from hbf was sublime

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Except he's not on our list. There is the MSD.

I Know GIF by MOODMAN

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Got a lot of centre clearances. Really pleasing game by him and great that he just bounced back from being dropped

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
For those that watched the game how did Coulthard go? I see he kicked 3 goals. Were they gimmes or did he work? Last year when he was at is best he was running up and down the wings and outworking his opposition back. Is he back?

I watched a bit of the broadcast but didn't really sight him. The feed here was horrible it was like watching minecraft afl.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
For those that watched the game how did Coulthard go? I see he kicked 3 goals. Were they gimmes or did he work? Last year when he was at is best he was running up and down the wings and outworking his opposition back. Is he back?

I watched a bit of the broadcast but didn't really sight him. The feed here was horrible it was like watching minecraft afl.

I thought he was ok, but IMO he's not a small forward. As you say he does his best work when moving up and down the wings and he has grass to run into. He's got a beautiful kick on him, but I think playing as a small forward its too congested for him. Looked better when bringing the ball inside 50, but he got at least 1 goal from a great rove of a pack, so shows he has ability to read the ball at the fall of the packs too.

Reactions: 3 users