Round 2 v Swans | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 2 v Swans

Same here. Looks good but needs some work.
It’s funny though - even early in a player’s journey you can spot aspects that will dictate whether they will or won’t be a player. A few dodges and twirls to evade tacklers with the ball from George were impressive.

On the negative side, the inability of Kosi to take contested marks at VFL level shows to me he has very little chance of succeeding at AFL level. Shame - he’s athletic but just not good enough. I wonder what he’d look like if moved behind the ball.

It’s funny though - even early in a player’s journey you can spot aspects that will dictate whether they will or won’t be a player. A few dodges and twirls to evade tacklers with the ball from George were impressive.

On the negative side, the inability of Kosi to take contested marks at VFL level shows to me he has very little chance of succeeding at AFL level. Shame - he’s athletic but just not good enough. I wonder what he’d look like if moved behind the ball.
Yep, you can see what a player's natural at. As for Kosi, he's got a good build and shows some mongrel but needs to really find himself in this club now, otherwise it's all over quick. His kicking for goal looks worse than what I saw in some Dorks games. Maybe he's still unsettled at a new club.

Was a bit hard to get a gauge of the game at the ground as I was moving about a bit.

But I'm surprised not be hearing more about Coulthard's game. To me, he seemed our most dynamic Midfielder, when he was getting minutes there.

If we want more speed around the middle, he may be an option.

Reactions: 5 users
Mutley El Nour maybe our best on the day. Get him on the list.
Not sure about that. He played loose man in defense all day. Easiest position in the game.

Looked good and played well but didn't provide enough offence for mine.

Isn't AFL standard in my mind, but definitely a very good VFL player.

Anyone know much about this kid Liam George from Eastern Ranges? Looks good.
He’s my mates son.
Dad played lots of games for St Kilda reserves.
He’s very composed and has great agility in tight spaces.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Was a bit hard to get a gauge of the game at the ground as I was moving about a bit.

But I'm surprised not be hearing more about Coulthard's game. To me, he seemed our most dynamic Midfielder, when he was getting minutes there.

If we want more speed around the middle, he may be an option.
o_O

I watched 3/4 of VFL (and o quarters of AFL )

coultard was great, smith great, Macca backed up, sampo v good mutaz great

Reactions: 1 user
hes got some snake too.
His dad, big Wes, is a man mountain with butchers hands and is as tough as they come.
Unfortunately Liam gets his build from his Mum but has definitely inherited some mongrel from his Dad. Won’t take a backwards step despite his size.
Reckon he’s a slow burn and has plenty of development left in him. Best friends with the Wizard from the Hawks so hangs with good company.
We’re all wrapt to see him doing so well.

Reactions: 4 users
10 frees to 3

Punt Rd Oval is too small. Always scrappy games there. Can we get on with this redevelopment?

On the plus side, Kaleb Smith has It. Samson took a big contested mark. Liam George composed in traffic.

Watching live today Kaleb was very, very good, he is and wants to be a play maker, some key defensive efforts too and his footy vision is right up there.
He also made himself available on multiple occasions but not used, (don't think it will be long until coaches instruct to get it in his hands).
No shrinking violet either, probably not spotted on TV but i loved when he chose to instigate a physical confrontation with a Sydney bloke that was about 206cm.
Only 2nd game and tracking nicely.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
His dad, big Wes, is a man mountain with butchers hands and is as tough as they come.
Unfortunately Liam gets his build from his Mum but has definitely inherited some mongrel from his Dad. Won’t take a backwards step despite his size.
Reckon he’s a slow burn and has plenty of development left in him. Best friends with the Wizard from the Hawks so hangs with good company.
We’re all wrapt to see him doing so well.
He looks a likely type that may just develop into a senior player. Good skills. He’s on my watch list.

Reactions: 3 users
I know others have said it, but whoever has been recruiting for our VFL side has done a ripping job. It must be tough with the salary cap requirements to build a list to compete, but clearly the focus has been to recruit a few experienced heads (Street, Garner, Olden, Bravo etc) and then go for a lot of young players with big upside that have AFL traits (Johnson, El Nour, Teal) and then pick a bunch of young players that have been ripping up suburban leagues and give them a crack at a higher league, those that are that year or so older than they were at draft time and weren't picked up, that may have again had AFL traits but who have upside too (George, McCarthy, Yassine etc).

The balance that they've got with this list of a few older heads, paired with a bunch of younger VFL players and our younger AFL players is very good at the moment.

Reactions: 3 users
A few good contests. This is his standard. That is VFL standard.
But folks were saying to promote him before the season and groom as a Lynch replacement....
They going too early (or perhaps desperate because of our lack of kpf) or is he out of form?
Collectively he's gone from PRE's future forward to settling at his level.

not game related but how *smile* is the VFL draw.

21 teams & play 18 so you would think no double up yeah ?, but the VFL in their wisdom has up playing Carlton, Sandringham & Gold Coast twice & we dont play Brisbane, North Mel, Southport, Frankston or GWS at all

*smile* ludicrous

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users

Perhaps he could be a tall wingman for passes from defense?

I know others have said it, but whoever has been recruiting for our VFL side has done a ripping job. It must be tough with the salary cap requirements to build a list to compete, but clearly the focus has been to recruit a few experienced heads (Street, Garner, Olden, Bravo etc) and then go for a lot of young players with big upside that have AFL traits (Johnson, El Nour, Teal) and then pick a bunch of young players that have been ripping up suburban leagues and give them a crack at a higher league, those that are that year or so older than they were at draft time and weren't picked up, that may have again had AFL traits but who have upside too (George, McCarthy, Yassine etc).

The balance that they've got with this list of a few older heads, paired with a bunch of younger VFL players and our younger AFL players is very good at the moment.
Great post.

Mutaz ElNour in the Vic squad to play SA.

havnt seen a final side yet?

Reactions: 1 user
A few good contests. This is his standard. That is VFL standard.
Looking at the game May had limited game time due to accommodating Kozzi and Cumberland. Also, punt road is not ideal for big forwards and none of the big forwards had a real impact.

Reactions: 1 users