Round 2 v Swans | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 2 v Swans

When we needed someone to win a hard ball of course it was McAuliffe. Sent it in for Samson to finally get a long-overdue ruck free and kick his 4th. Good return considering he's probably played 30-40% ruck time.

And a big tackle at half-back by MC Fkn-A. He might beat Samson to the captaincy.

Naismith and Green have had very good days too.
Who is MC Fkn-A ?

Well done boys 2-0. At least the VFL are something to watch for a win.

Reactions: 1 user
When we needed someone to win a hard ball of course it was McAuliffe. Sent it in for Samson to finally get a long-overdue ruck free and kick his 4th. Good return considering he's probably played 30-40% ruck time.

And a big tackle at half-back by MC Fkn-A. He might beat Samson to the captaincy.

Naismith and Green have had very good days too.
Agree Spook. We liked tired but those players mentioned got us over the line.

Crayfish a massive..

And my man Kaleb just showing wit thrash game he has AFL traits.

Reactions: 2 users
Morris has his critics around here but all things considered, I think he does a great job with the VFL side.

Reactions: 11 users
Up at our forward line this 1/4 and one thing sticks out - Cumberland doesn’t attack the contest hard enough. It’s 30% attack on the ball and that’s not good enough.

Fair enough he’s proppy with an ankle, but I can see why he’s not playing AFL. Half hearted efforts too often.

Flip side is McAuliffe and young Smith attack ball/contest 100%. Both those two are AFL ready. Naismith is above this level too - not sure how he gets into AFL team with Nank. but worth a try.

Ryan better but still stages/plays for frees too much - attack the ball son. The frees will come easier.

Green better today - as others have said, looks better as a mid or at least high half forward.

Reactions: 2 users
Up at our forward line this 1/4 and one thing sticks out - Cumberland doesn’t attack the contest hard enough. It’s 30% attack on the ball and that’s not good enough.

Fair enough he’s proppy with an ankle, but I can see why he’s not playing AFL. Half hearted efforts too often.

Flip side is McAuliffe and young Smith attack ball/contest 100%. Both those two are AFL ready. Naismith is above this level too - not sure how he gets into AFL team with Nank. but worth a try.

Ryan better but still stages/plays for frees too much - attack the ball son. The frees will come easier.

Green better today - as others have said, looks better as a mid or at least high half forward.
Agree about Cumbo. Terrible feeling he won't last after this season.

Reactions: 1 user
Along with those already mentioned I thought Coulthard looked good.

Reactions: 4 users
Mutley El Nour maybe our best on the day. Get him on the list. Smith, McAuliffe, Coulthard, all pressed claims for promotion (even though I appreciate we are going slowly-slowly with Kaleb). Naismith, Ryan, Green, all good. Street, Harris and Johnson also good.

Reactions: 3 users
Agree about Cumbo. Terrible feeling he won't last after this season.
He’s got the ability - we’ve all seen that at AFL level. Just needs to be harder at the contest. Really disappointing to see it first hand today - badly want (and need) to see him succeed. Hate seeing talent wasted.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Going the early crow here but I think we win this years VFL premiership. Side already jelling fairly well and will moreso as the season progresses. Bodes well for the future of our senior list as well.
I think Yze is rebuilding the whole list from the VFL up, not just concentrating on the senior side. He realises that you need a very solid base to build from and that starts with the reserves. We are going through a tough time at the moment in the seniors but we need to look at the big picture, not the here and now. Future not as bad as it looks and I believe improvement and success will come sooner than later. Get our mix of draft picks and trading in of key personnel right at the end of this year and our rise will be swift.

Reactions: 4 users
he's jittery, and panics .. TigerForce said "frenetic" .. he needs to chill out, and just get the ball