Round 2 v Swans | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 2 v Swans

W
But folks were saying to promote him before the season and groom as a Lynch replacement....
They going too early (or perhaps desperate because of our lack of kpf) or is he out of form?
Collectively he's gone from PRE's future forward to settling at his level.
Watching the last two games, he appears to have had limited game time, so i wouldnt be quick to judge. With the club needing to prioritise Kozzi and Cumberland.

Reactions: 1 user
W

Watching the last two games, he appears to have had limited game time, so i wouldnt be quick to judge. With the club needing to prioritise Kozzi and Cumberland.
Cheers for the feedback. Much appreciated

I know others have said it, but whoever has been recruiting for our VFL side has done a ripping job. It must be tough with the salary cap requirements to build a list to compete, but clearly the focus has been to recruit a few experienced heads (Street, Garner, Olden, Bravo etc) and then go for a lot of young players with big upside that have AFL traits (Johnson, El Nour, Teal) and then pick a bunch of young players that have been ripping up suburban leagues and give them a crack at a higher league, those that are that year or so older than they were at draft time and weren't picked up, that may have again had AFL traits but who have upside too (George, McCarthy, Yassine etc).

The balance that they've got with this list of a few older heads, paired with a bunch of younger VFL players and our younger AFL players is very good at the moment.
And they are being coached really well. Steve Morris has grown into the job.

Not sure of the stats but I wonder if any other club has provided as many afl players from its vfl program in the last few years

Trezise, Lefau and Young at Richmond plus Durham, D’Ambrosio and McDonough (briefly)

And they are being coached really well. Steve Morris has grown into the job.

Not sure of the stats but I wonder if any other club has provided as many afl players from its vfl program in the last few years

Trezise, Lefau and Young at Richmond plus Durham, D’Ambrosio and McDonough (briefly)
Tyrone DownieGCS
Kayle KirbyCollingwood
Josh DunkleyWestern Bulldogs
Dan HoweHawthorn
Clayton OliverMelbourne
Sam DurhamEssendon
Jake AartsRichmond
Anthony ScottWestern Bulldogs
Karl WornerFreo
Garrett McDonoughEssendon
Jake SoligoAdelaide
Massimo D’ambrosioEssendon
Tylar YoungRichmond
Nathan DrummondRichmond
James TreziseRichmond
Mykelti LefauRichmond

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
If we create spots on our list this year, I'd be happy with any (or all) of El Nour, Johnson and Yassine added to our list. They are the types (and positions) that can thrive from MSD of rookie draft picks IMO.

Simply from reading the match report they have loaded up with quality vfl players. Very exciting for the club and Credit to Morris for attracting them.

That's an amazing read above of the number of players drafted from the vfl team. Clearly it could be a big number again this year.

Tyrone DownieGCS
Kayle KirbyCollingwood
Josh DunkleyWestern Bulldogs
Dan HoweHawthorn
Clayton OliverMelbourne
Sam DurhamEssendon
Jake AartsRichmond
Anthony ScottWestern Bulldogs
Karl WornerFreo
Garrett McDonoughEssendon
Jake SoligoAdelaide
Massimo D’ambrosioEssendon
Tylar YoungRichmond
Nathan DrummondRichmond
James TreziseRichmond
Mykelti LefauRichmond
some of those were top up players pre their draft year so they don't really count but even so it is an impressive list.

Thars the most positive and bubbly report from the vfl coach, perhaps ever.
Gee Stevie is rapt for his players!

Aussie J - He's in fantastic form
Kaleb Smith - Absolutely pumped for Kaleb
Muttley - He is one of the best defenders in the league at the moment.

Only 2 players would have flat tyres - Cumbo and May

Lachie Wilson doing alright.
He's short 170cm but whats his speed like?
First year at this level after dominating suburbs. 24yo.

Lachlan Wilson (22 disposals, 13 contested possessions 77% disposal efficiency, seven clearances, four tackles)
“He's been a real find for the footy club. Debuted last week up on the Gold Coast and once again, led the way inside. He had seven clearances, and he's a really smart player around the footy who's making a big difference for us both on offence and defence.”

Lachlan Wilson (14 disposals, six clearances, three tackles)
"Played low game time but had a huge impact. His ability to recognise threats off the ball is really helping us as a team, and his clever ball use is also a standout