Mykelti Lefau | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Mykelti Lefau

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Feel sorry for him.Thrust into being the main target after 4 games.
Wish he was around a few yrs ago when Lynch & Jack were up & about.
Ideal 3rd man.
yep wasn't fair really. Enormous ask but no choice I guess unless we moved someone like Miller forward.

Despite that he was good and competed incredibly well.

Reactions: 2 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
I reckon he will fit in well with Lynch and Balta in the forward line. Will get the third defender and can play as a lead up player which is his strength

Reactions: 9 users

bugsy

TIGERISING
Jul 31, 2004
Le Chook is an awesome find and looks well up for the challenges being presented to him.

Opposition sides have been licking their lips at the opportunity to inflict revenge on the Tigers but Mykelti takes no prisoners. We need more like him to assist Nank and Pickett in this regard.

Sure we are down on fit troops and skill exhibition at the moment but the Tiger spirit is still there alive and well.

Better days lay ahead.

Reactions: 4 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I reckon he will fit in well with Lynch and Balta in the forward line. Will get the third defender and can play as a lead up player which is his strength

Agree, having to play above his ability right now as the key forward target. He's the perfect 3rd tall IMO. Gets up the ground, tackles, and has a big booming boot, how good was that weighted kick over the top for Dusty's goal. Dusty was manned up by May, May was in front, leave the kick a bit short and May marks it, put it on Dusty's head and May either marks or spoils it, kick it over May's head so Dusty can mark the ball behind him. Perfect weighting of the kick. He's also strong and kicks goals.

I like him, but he's in a bit of a no win situation at the moment, was double and tripled teamed at times last night and probably will be again against Freo.

This time though will be gold for him though, he will learn so much about how defenders man you up, that when he's playing as the 3rd banana and gets a weaker defender, he should be well schooled in being able to beat him.

Reactions: 12 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
As a 5 gamer who is asked to to be the main forward is an impossible task.

But he is not shying away from it. Covering a *smile* load of ground.

Tracking along beautifully!

Just needs support.

Reactions: 16 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Wow, wow, wow.

Folks aren’t quite realising what we are seeing here.

Isn’t his sport.

First couple of games just ran around wondering what the *smile* is going on.

Players get injured around him, so we play him as a key.

After three games of non-childhood AFL footy.

And then last night. Covers more ground than anyone. Including an oppo renowned for gut-running.

Leads up to the ball like he will one day present like Carey. Just needs to learn. I’m not joking. Same height, similar build to Carey.

They play similar styles. Will he be as good as Carey?

Who the *smile* knows. Ridiculous comparison. Of course.

But. Five games.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
3cm taller than King Carey

3kg lighter than King Carey in his prime (which will change).

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Jack was 195cm too

LeFau leads well and is more powerful than Jack

Is he as smart? Maybe he doesn’t have to be.

When Lynch is gone, Balta and LeFau cracking skulls together. The stuff dreams (or nightmares) are made of.

Reactions: 1 user

yo_eddy

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 18, 2023
Big body, covers a lot of ground, skilful, can also play ruck or as a follower you’d think. Another ’ridiculous’ comparison - Adam Goodes.

Reactions: 1 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Wow, wow, wow.

Folks aren’t quite realising what we are seeing here.

Isn’t his sport.

First couple of games just ran around wondering what the *smile* is going on.

Players get injured around him, so we play him as a key.

After three games of non-childhood AFL footy.

And then last night. Covers more ground than anyone. Including an oppo renowned for gut-running.

Leads up to the ball like he will one day present like Carey. Just needs to learn. I’m not joking. Same height, similar build to Carey.

They play similar styles. Will he be as good as Carey?

Who the *smile* knows. Ridiculous comparison. Of course.

But. Five games.
You bunking with Dimma....(or perhaps Joel Smith) this long weekend?

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
the opposition is starting to show signs of fear being in his vicinity. this fear will only continue to grow with more experience and confidence

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
If he could take a pack mark, he'd be the best forward in the AFL.

He was noticeable at the ground as being the only Richmond forward likely to score, or even bring the ball to ground.

Starting to lead with intent now too.

I will be very happy with a half Forward line of Balta Lefau Gibcus next year.