List Changes for 2024 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

List Changes for 2024

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Both picks look ok on limited highlights viewing. Not sure about those players we've brought in from GWS and Adelaide though

Reactions: 1 user

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Lets hope Sheahan and co pick up a Ellie McKenzie quality of player tonight with our first pick, and not Stella Reid or Sophie Molan level of talent. Two of the worst selections you could ever hope to see. Not even reserves AFLW level.

Not sure how Kate Sheahan has a job to be honest.
I agree she wouldn't know how to spot talent.

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
Both picks look ok on limited highlights viewing. Not sure about those players we've brought in from GWS and Adelaide though
The “highlights” from the GWS women are struggling to be bog average possessions. If that’s the best they could select from then I don’t get it. Molan like. On the draftees - The Bacon looks like she can move in traffic and evades well. Mackenzie Mk2 has some pace which we need.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
The “highlights” from the GWS women are struggling to be bog average possessions. If that’s the best they could select from then I don’t get it. Molan like. On the draftees - The Bacon looks like she can move in traffic and evades well. Mackenzie Mk2 has some pace which we need.
Yeah i wasn't sure picking up battlers from a poor team was the way to go.

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
We got our matchups totally wrong last year, it wasn't helped by our injury list last year but our squad looks much better for next year if we can get a few players back from injury. McKenzie missed most of the year, Lavey missed the season and Ryan did too. Those 3 with Bacon added in change our dynamic IMO.

I think our Best 21 look much better for next year in the positions that some of them played in the last game when we smashed the Pies. Hoping to see more of Sheerin and Shevlin further up the ground too. This is probably where I would see our best 22 for next year.

We've clearly focused on a need for speed, which anyone that watched us this year would have said was absolutely required.

B - Miller, McLlelland
HB - Shevlin, Lynch, Hicks
C - Dempsey, Egan, Lavey
HF - McKenzie, Brennan, Yassir
F - Jones, Greiser
R - McKinnon, Conti, Sheerin
I/C - Seymour, Peck, Hosking, Ryan, Bacon

Remaining players
Def - Eastman, Graham, Cox
Mid - Dalloway, Wickstead
Fwd - Reid, Ford, Woods
Ruck - Kelly

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
We got our matchups totally wrong last year, it wasn't helped by our injury list last year but our squad looks much better for next year if we can get a few players back from injury. McKenzie missed most of the year, Lavey missed the season and Ryan did too. Those 3 with Bacon added in change our dynamic IMO.

I think our Best 21 look much better for next year in the positions that some of them played in the last game when we smashed the Pies. Hoping to see more of Sheerin and Shevlin further up the ground too. This is probably where I would see our best 22 for next year.

We've clearly focused on a need for speed, which anyone that watched us this year would have said was absolutely required.

B - Miller, McLlelland
HB - Shevlin, Lynch, Hicks
C - Dempsey, Egan, Lavey
HF - McKenzie, Brennan, Yassir
F - Jones, Greiser
R - McKinnon, Conti, Sheerin
I/C - Seymour, Peck, Hosking, Ryan, Bacon

Remaining players
Def - Eastman, Graham, Cox
Mid - Dalloway, Wickstead
Fwd - Reid, Ford, Woods
Ruck - Kelly
Not sure Ryan has ever played so she is an unknown

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Not sure Ryan has ever played so she is an unknown

She's certainly an unknown but a highly rated unknown. We knew her 1st season was going to be a writeoff (we basically put her on the inactive list as soon as we drafted her) and her 2nd was smashed by I think glandular fever. Hoping she gets a good run at it, was touted as a top 10 pick, slid to us at 38 I think due to her knee injury (ACL) but is a very highly rated talent. Something we need more of through the midfield.

Reactions: 2 users