Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Why do I read this stuff from Corn’ole

in referring to Selwoods retirement after winning the flag - ‘It firmed his legacy as the best captain this century, so far’.

- reckon Cotch or Voss has duckwood covered as best captain

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Good question! Yeah he sucks me in too. Didn't read this, but its low hanging fruit. Anything about Dusty is. He is still one of the best players in the comp. Full stop. I know what all the coaches would say if asked whether he should retire. Selwood and Crawford? seriously? If he was 2 or 3 years older sure.

Baron Samedi

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2016
what's the beef between Cornes and Cotchin?

saw his attack on Cotch on the Sunday Footy Show

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

Cornhole whinged after the Huns loss that we should get rid of some players, Chimp just stated the obvious that he's salty on us spoiling his 300th game and then Cornhole makes fun of Chimp's way of assessing the game on Talking Footy. Even Richo gave Cornhole a whack on Xwitter after this.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne

in referring to Selwoods retirement after winning the flag - ‘It firmed his legacy as the best captain this century, so far’.

- reckon Cotch or Voss has duckwood covered as best captain

Cornes and Maclure just cant help emselves can they.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK

Remember that Cotchin was an absolute star of the game, a Brownlow medalist, led us to three premierships and revered by so many even outside the club. When you are a pretender like Cornes, jealousy is an bitter pill

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008

Kane despises Richmond.
Picked us as his 300th.
We won.
Cotchin even laughingly spoke of it the other week as the reason for his gripe against us.
His Dad Graham is on record as saying that Kane hates us as apparently we were very lippy towards him during his career.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014

Not sure the further accentuated running game style doesn't really suit him, he's much more effective when there is lots of confusion & chaos & contests. This boring uncontested marking, chip kick, stand, run run run, switch chip kick stand, run run run crap is for athlete's not footballers.

Agre with this Jazzy.
More Dusty moments they said. In reality its more bruise free basketball on grass.

Reactions: 1 user

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Since when has Karen written for the Age?!!

It's amazing that that idiot is employed by anybody.........FULL STOP!!
Every mention of Cornes is giving him oxygen that he doesn’t deserve.

I’m a long time Age subscriber but have never read one of his articles since they've employed him and I’ve never watched any TV show he’s on
(I also watch all live games with commentary muted)
It’s just a more pleasant footy experience - especially in a miserable season like this one - so far

And Dusty - being the very astute bloke that he is - certainly won't be wasting his time on whatever Cornes is blathering on about him

And back on topic - I reckon Dusty‘s form is going along nicely in what I hope is his perhaps his second or third last season with us.

Reactions: 7 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
The article is simply click bait, we get The Age delivered and there is a pointer to it on the front and back pages.

The article shows 2 things: 1) Cornes is trying to attract attention by writing a speculative article one could knock up in around 10 minutes, and 2) Richmond remain a permanent presence inside his empty skull.

Pay it no mind, it will be fish and chip wrapper within minutes.

DS

Reactions: 2 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I’m glad we are resting him. He looked a shadow of himself after half time & clearly didn’t look right. Have to wonder why he was playing though??
Rather get the games into kids at this stage.

Reactions: 5 users
Feb 25, 2007
So Dusty is on 291 games and needs to miss 2 so he doesn't play his 300th at GMHBA or AO the week after the Cats game.
ATM by missing this week's game V Swans he will play his 300th V Crows at AO, so pencil in another missed game before the Crows game. Dusty will then play his 300th game V Hawks at the MCG "Tigers home game".

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
I’m glad we are resting him. He looked a shadow of himself after half time & clearly didn’t look right. Have to wonder why he was playing though??
Rather get the games into kids at this stage.
Watched him run into the ground in the last qtr and he could barely run.
Get him healthy again

Reactions: 3 users