Welcome Sam Naismith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Sam Naismith

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
Welcome aboard big fella. Had a tough few years with injuries and personal tragedies. Deserves a fulfilling end to his career. Big unit who knows how to tap to advantage and get a few possessions. Great dirt cheap back up ruck

Reactions: 8 users
transfer now complete, reunited with Nank, together you guys will rule the skies. Best wishes as you continue your journey as a "Richmond Man".

Reactions: 2 users
Would've preferred an up & comer at least at mid 20s. Isn't he 31?

Reactions: 3 users
Would've preferred an up & comer at least at mid 20s. Isn't he 31?

I think he's a great pickup for 2 reasons.

1 - AFL quality insurance
2 - Coaching. I reckon Naismith will do a bit of coaching along with Maric. 2 very different ruckman, Naismith very much a tap ruckman, Maric used his strength a lot more. They are the perfect foil for each other to teach our young rucks in Ryan, Colina and Hayes-Brown the ropes.

Reactions: 5 users
Perfect cover for one year and lines up with the acquisition of Darcy via Free Agency

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Has this actually been confirmed or are we assuming based on an article? Nothing on the website

Reactions: 2 users
He’s had 3 knee reconstructions …ouch
Played VFL for PtMelb in 2023 lots of hit outs but goes some games without taking a single mark

Last edited:
House of footy, Jules?
Hope they are not affiliated with House of Hutch (Jabba)!
Otherwise your creds are shot. (joking!)

Interesting selection.
He's missed a heap of footy.
Maybe ok if he can stay fit.

Obvious call with Ivan's cousin Ivan exiting.
Also keeps the heat on Delilah.

He’s had 3 knee reconstructions …ouch
Played VFL for PtMelb in 2023 lots of hit outs but goes some games without taking a single mark
What Trent Knoble part 2??
What's with talls that can't take a mark?
If he can't mark or dosent work hard enough to give an option.
Why are we interested??

I like it as this is exactly what I believe you should be doing with your second ruck.

Reactions: 5 users