Kane McAuliffe | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kane McAuliffe

Makes the list to pick from even shorter. ☹️
Need to get the mix of extractor/defensive/outside mids right (of who is left) at each centre bounce to try and manage the damage. I’d play Ryan first ruck against Freo. See how he goes, because the week after - Tim English who could do a Gawn on Nank.

Was playing a lone hand in our midfield today especially after Street went off.

Started slowly but had a big third quarter. Also helped that Macintosh went into the guts to provide support.

He is also a midfielder who kicks goals.

The only thing holding him back is fitness. He a just a kid playing as the main man in our VFL team. Looks gassed at times.

Reactions: 3 users
McAuliffe had a great game today against Doggies
25D 14K 11HB 1M 10T 7C Kicked 2G 1B
This kid must play every game he’s too good to keep playing VFL

Reactions: 2 users
McAuliffe had a great game today against Doggies
25D 14K 11HB 1M 10T 7C Kicked 2G 1B
This kid must play every game he’s too good to keep playing VFL

If he's not taking Dows minutes I'll be confused. Does anyone remember Dow having this sort of effect on VFL games repeatedly?

Reactions: 4 users
He was awesome today, especially in the second half. Get him in.
He is a beast Spook. For an 18 year old he is built like a 25 year old.

His tank isn’t there just yet but that will come.

And the kicker - he is a goal kicker. Should have had 3 today.

I can’t see how he isn’t called up this week.

Just getting a bit of time to adjust to playing against men without being completely smashed every minute in the seniors.
That may be it. Livingstione might think he is better off playing 100% midfield time against the smaller bodies in the VFL, and dominating for the moment, than coming into our AFL team and spend the day chasing the opposition.

Reactions: 1 users
That may be it. Livingstione might think he is better off playing 100% midfield time against the smaller bodies in the VFL, and dominating for the moment, than coming into our AFL team and spend the day chasing the opposition.
I think Livo has had a conversion. He has seen the light brother!

From now onwards we will call him Saul.
And team selection will be biblical.
Noah and Noah in the forwardline.

Obviously Kane doesnt get picked

• Haha
  • Love
I think Livo has had a conversion. He has seen the light brother!

From now onwards we will call him Saul.
And team selection will be biblical.
Noah and Noah in the forwardline.

Obviously Kane doesnt get picked
At least until we recruit a midfielder named Abel

• Haha
Was playing a lone hand in our midfield today especially after Street went off.

Started slowly but had a big third quarter. Also helped that Macintosh went into the guts to provide support.

He is also a midfielder who kicks goals.

The only thing holding him back is fitness. He a just a kid playing as the main man in our VFL team. Looks gassed at times.
Noticed it a few times already. Looks to have some puppy fat.

Noticed it a few times already. Looks to have some puppy fat.
Didn’t he have a massive pre season, was super fit, and even finished in the top 10 or so in one of the time trials ?

All reports were that he is super professional.
Nah no puppy fat.

Just a kid carrying the load of an entire team. Looked more evident yesterday when Street went off.

But coincidently his game lifted again when KMAC went into the middle to help out.

Reactions: 2 users
I don't have any problem with holding McAuliffe back and playing him main midfield man in the AVL. Putting him up at this point would not change the AFL results and could stem his development.

Different story if Taranto, Hopper and Prestia were in there injury free. You could ease McAuliffe in if that was the case.

Reactions: 13 users