Your Greatest Tiger memory ever… | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Your Greatest Tiger memory ever…

1980 Grand Final, belting Collingwood.
Watching KB kick 7 Sausage Rolls to lead the Tigers to victory and top off the best finals series I have seen by a player.
Jack Dyer was so happy.
There was a lot of banter that week between Jack and Lou Richards. Of course Jack was very gracious in victory :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Good to get back to this thread. I think all the more recent moments are well covered and they were great, I still get pumped/emotional when i think of the 3 flags and all that occurred around them.
Going way back. I was a young teenager in 1973 and whilst the grand final was awesome the Preliminery Final was something else, it has been posted about before and I still remember it well.
We were playing Collingwood for the right to play Carlton in the grand final and we were getting smashed. A bit of a late flurry just before halftime brought us back to within 6 goals after a goal by Balme. Royce Hart was on the bench, hobbled by a knee injury.
Of course the story of the conversation between Hafey and Graham Richmond is legendary but what I remember was the crowd when we saw that Royce was on for the 2nd half, the noise and the anticipation was incredible. For those who were not around then just think about if that had been Dusty coming on, Royce was our superstar.
Royce played well in that 2nd half and we won but I have no doubt that the way it lifted the crowd lifted the team. It's the first memory I have of the power of the Tiger army, and it still gives me goosebumps thinking about it.
That game is my first footy memory. I was 8, sitting with my dad at the PRE. I remember asking him at half time if he thought we could still win. I was very reassured by his answer.

Reactions: 2 users
~5pm, Sept 30th, 2017. Nothing comes close to the moment the final siren blew. Next couple of minutes are still blurry as I couldn't wipe the tears away fast enough.

Reactions: 6 users
1969 first semi against Geelong. We snuck into the four and beat the Cats 25.17 to 7.7, then beat the Pies and won the flag against the Blues.What a trifecta.

Reactions: 5 users
Running up Swan St, past Gosh's Paddock, with KB, Weightman and Cloke all chatting to me like I was a good mate. I think I was 11.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Watching KB kick 7 Sausage Rolls to lead the Tigers to victory and top off the best finals series I have seen by a player.
Jack Dyer was so happy.
If you put our smaller brigade in the context of a modern day midfield it was Wiley, Weightman, Bartlett and Rowlings.

Awesome

Reactions: 1 users
Dusty Dusty Dusty goal in the last quarter 2017 Prelim realising we made the GF. I cried.

Reactions: 2 users
Not sure it's my greatest memory, but one that stays with me is the noise when Lambert kicked the first goal v GWS 2017 PF and the feeling after we won.

Reactions: 1 users
Jack Dyer was so happy.
KB doing a U-turn on Magro was one of my favourites.

1727413378382.png

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Looking up at the scoreboard at around the 20 min mark of the final qtr in 2017- and it finally dawned on me that we couldn’t lose. I have an amazing photo of me turning to my long suffering elder brother and saying “we’ve done it! We’ve won the flag!” . What a moment.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Looking up at the scoreboard at around the 20 min mark of the final qtr in 2017- and it finally dawned on me that we couldn’t lose. I have an amazing photo of me turning to my long suffering elder brother and saying “we’ve done it! We’ve won the flag!” . What a moment.
I was singing at half time.
We were Gazelles and I knew we would run out the game stronger.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 user
I was singing at half time.
We were Gazelles and I knew we were out the game stronger.
I couldn’t. Just couldn’t. I was alive in the 70s but my footy consciousness was only fully formed in 1982. I was weighed down by the 80s, 90s, naughties, by the elimination finals in 13-15, by the 9ths, by the 5 picks in 20, by the 100 point thrashings, by brownies broken leg, by plough. But all of that just made the victory sweeter. Gees it was good.

I couldn’t. Just couldn’t. I was alive in the 70s but my footy consciousness was only fully formed in 1982. I was weighed down by the 80s, 90s, naughties, by the elimination finals in 13-15, by the 9ths, by the 5 picks in 20, by the 100 point thrashings, by brownies broken leg, by plough. But all of that just made the victory sweeter. Gees it was good.
We were animals in 17
Townsend Edwards Cotchin Dusty Rioli Castagna Grimes Vaulstin
We hunted the opposition, till they were exhausted and then we ate them alive.

I was really jittery in 2018 when we looked like we were slowing down.
Close win over Footscary and then a unconvincing win over a finished Hawthorn.

But 2019 we had the eye of the Tiger.
It's a pity GWS copped the 3 goals, I really wanted it to be Collingwood.

The back part of 2020 when we beat Footscary and then we WC, I knew we in it again. It's a pity the umpires tried there very best to derail us in the final against Brisbane