Would you vote for or against playing home games in Tassie? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Would you vote for or against playing home games in Tassie?

Would you vote for or against Richmond playing 2 home games a season in Tassie over the next 3 years

• Yes - play in Tassie

Votes: 62 70.5%
  • No - Stay in Melb

Votes: 26 29.5%

• Total voters
I need more information before I cast my vote. We need to know whether this venture is financially viable. As Gold1 stated, we need to know whether Richmond adult 17 members are given free flights or ferry to these games.

mb64 said:
Hawks have got Tassie covered,stay away tiges
Disagree, as someone mentioned there is a big north/south rivalry on the apple isle. Strong working class boags drinkers (draught) in the north and artsy cordoury wearing cascade sippers in the south. It could work because Launceston may as well be in another state to Hobart. They seem to have a English way of viewing travelling times. i.e. a 3 hour trip is a weekend away.
So I see it as Hobart being a market ripe for the picking, footy die hards with no game to watch.
Go for it Tiges and line the coffers. If not Nth Melb, Mlb or some other 2bit club will be in there like a flash

zgod said:
Disagree, as someone mentioned there is a big north/south rivalry on the apple isle. Strong working class boags drinkers (draught) in the north and artsy cordoury wearing cascade sippers in the south. It could work because Launceston may as well be in another state to Hobart. They seem to have a English way of viewing travelling times. i.e. a 3 hour trip is a weekend away.
So I see it as Hobart being a market ripe for the picking, footy die hards with no game to watch.
Go for it Tiges and line the coffers. If not Nth Melb, Mlb or some other 2bit club will be in there like a flash

This is how I understand it, that is the north and the south of Tassie.

Where was Royce from, north or south?

As far as I can recall, we are committed to 2 home games a year in the NT in 2011 & 2012.
Presumably Tassie would have to wait until 2013.

richardlounder37 said:
As far as I can recall, we are committed to 2 home games a year in the NT in 2011 & 2012.
Presumably Tassie would have to wait until 2013.
didn't we (and 2 other clubs) also sign up to play 2 games on the gold coast over a 3 year period starting last year? that would leave one more to play next year?

strachanie19 said:
didn't we (and 2 other clubs) also sign up to play 2 games on the gold coast over a 3 year period starting last year? that would leave one more to play next year?

no, Darwin

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/melbourne-demons-richmond-tigers-join-western-bulldogs-in-darwin/story-e6freck3-1225788361079

actually edit

There was a deal for us, the Blues, and the Saints to play one game there in 09 and 10.  That got killed for 10 because of the redevelopment to Carrara

Streak said:
This is how I understand it, that is the north and the south of Tassie.

Where was Royce from, north or south?

Recruited from Clarence ( U19s), same club as Jack R & Jeromey Webberley

Jacks dad Chris ( cabbage ) & Nick Rs dad Joe also played there actually Cabbage is the games record holder
there

Like someone has already asked,Are we the new North Melb?
Seriously first it was the G/C,Then the NT and now Tassie.
What next South Africa? :p

CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
Like someone has already asked,Are we the new North Melb?
Seriously first it was the G/C,Then the NT and now Tassie.
What next South Africa? :p

BINGO- we will never be a North Melbourne, Stop selling games when theres an army of richmond supporters at your door step..
Its bad enough now when you can go a month without seeing your club at home

gold1 said:
Should be done sooner than later.Untapped market,plenty of ties Hart,Richo,Gale,etc.First game should be against Hawthorn at Hobart,then Launceston to create a north/south rivalry.Also both clubs should be allowed to have recruiting zones as further compensation for losing home games and expanding the competition.

You are on the money I reckon Goldy - if Hawks and Tigers exploited this it would assist clubs and AFL. Play both home and away games there, build up a following. Hobart is about 250K population I think, which far exceeds the Launny. Tas government should be willing as it build their cred for an AFL side if supported well enough. Think it becomes win-win all round (even get to see Ian4 go off his tree ;D )