Would you vote for or against playing home games in Tassie? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Would you vote for or against playing home games in Tassie?

Would you vote for or against Richmond playing 2 home games a season in Tassie over the next 3 years

• Yes - play in Tassie

Votes: 62 70.5%
  • No - Stay in Melb

Votes: 26 29.5%

• Total voters
if its $500k, an Etihad game, and a consistent arrangement so we can maintain continuity with the community and develop a decent membership base, I vote yay

Personally I doubt we will get these dollars, and not sure what the corp support will be like (given the Hawks are so entrenched in Launceston).

At this stage prefer to do this arrangement in Darwin, but if the offer is good enough Hobart is probably the only other location I'd consider on a permanent basis

Should be done sooner than later.Untapped market,plenty of ties Hart,Richo,Gale,etc.First game should be against Hawthorn at Hobart,then Launceston to create a north/south rivalry.Also both clubs should be allowed to have recruiting zones as further compensation for losing home games and expanding the competition.

As it looks like we're losing the lease to the Royal Oak (if we haven't already), we need to look at alternative revenue streams. Would love to be a viable, successful club without income from the scourge that is pokies.

If 2 or 3 home games are played in Hobart on decent coin, that would have been played at Etihad, I say bring it on.

So we are going to be the new Kangas?
Slowly, slowly the AFL we try to get us to go interstate and possibly relocate if we continuously play bad footy.
We just need to start winning games and the crowds and increase in membership will come. You cant expect memberships to increase with poor onfiled performances.

I'd be happy with the deal on a few conditions as I posted in the other thread

1) We don't get less games at the MCG, only Telstra Dome matches are moved
2) We only move home games against low drawing interstate sides like Freo & Port which we wouldn't make as much on the home game anyway, even with the new deal
3) At least $4-500k per game
4) Extra away games against Victorian sides at the MCG, just like Hawthorn get

It would make sense, but the Hawks have got it covered and there'd be a major fight if the Tigers invaded their territory.

Great idea should be signed up asap. The cash, exposure plus possible new members exactly what club needs. if we get same arrangements as hawks members do in regards to these tas games its all positive. all members should actively endorse it is gold mine in tough times

CarnTheTiges said:
It would make sense, but the Hawks have got it covered and there'd be a major fight if the Tigers invaded their territory.

Bring it on! It's called competition.

ZeroGame said:
I'd be happy with the deal on a few conditions as I posted in the other thread

1) We don't get less games at the MCG, only Telstra Dome matches are moved
2) We only move home games against low drawing interstate sides like Freo & Port which we wouldn't make as much on the home game anyway, even with the new deal
3) At least $4-500k per game
4) Extra away games against Victorian sides at the MCG, just like Hawthorn get

I agree with this.