Woke politics discussion | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Woke politics discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
You probably still are

I wish I was, would do some things differently this time around! Unfortunately I grew up and realised the idiocy of this kind of language. Gay people are just people man.

Thanks for the historical reminder of the terminology in use by dim 14 year old boys at that time though. "Gaylord" FFS 🤣🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I wish I was, would do some things differently this time around! Unfortunately I grew up and realised the idiocy of this kind of thing.
Me too, instead of being a cynical old fart.
Thanks for the historical reminder of the terminology in use by dim 14 year old boys at that time though. "Gaylord" FFS 🤣🤣
I’ve only heard it, never used it myself. Same as people calling someone a ‘ tard or retard. Different generations to mine.

Yeah I’d like to say Christian is a stupid poof. But apparently you’re not allowed to these days.
How come LGBTQIA+ or whatever the alphabet mob use these days are allowed to call themselves “queers”.
that a derogatory term? Or is it only when a “straight” person uses it? Or when a “straight” person uses on a LBQTIA+?
Or when a “straight” person calls another “straight” person a queer? Or a *smile*?

*smile* me. Just *smile* own what you are. If you’re not, who actually gives a *smile*? There are bigger issues in the world than being called a name and having your feelings hurt. *smile* sooks.
I’ve been called everything under the sun. And called words half the tiddlywinks crew on PRE have never heard of :giggle: I’m still here.
Geez there’s some soft bastards these days. Wokey woke’s , it’s a wonder they know what’s happening in the world they’ve all got there heads bent down on the phones 20hours a day.
Get out in the real world.
Getting called a poof :LOL::LOL::LOL: and your feelings get hurt :LOL::LOL::LOL: geez they’ll all need to visit a psychiatrist for the rest of there lives :LOL::LOL::LOL:
Give it a *smile* spell please
Yep, it was always a slippery slope once the AFL/VFL decided racism wasnt cool. Soft. the lot of em.

All this talk of whether people choose their sexuality or a born with a preference always mystifies me.

The reason it mystifies me is that it assumes that to choose to be gay is somehow a less legitimate choice, that no-one chooses to be gay.

For what it is worth I have a bias towards people having agency, I agree we do seem to be born with a preference, but acting on that preference has some level of choice. The issue is that prejudice against gays promotes a notion that choosing to live as a gay person is somehow a lesser choice. I don't see it that way at all, in fact gay people have likely thought more about their sexuality than straight people who have the easier road to just accept the "default". If someone chooses to live as a gay person they should be proud of their choice, it is a courageous choice in the context of homophobia and they deserve respect not derision.

In any case, gays are like every other group in society, some are arseholes, some a beautiful people, and there is everything in between. Those who hold their sexuality against gays, or see gays as being somehow lesser people than straights, are at the *smile* end and deserve the contempt they get.

DS

Reactions: 1 users
Yep, it was always a slippery slope once the AFL/VFL decided racism wasnt cool. Soft. the lot of em.
Who mentioned racism?
Ohh you did, you naughty boy. They’ll be after you with pitchforks now you’ve brought racism up.
I copped a tongue lashing from a few for saying poof. They’ll have pitchforks, tar and feathers ready for you.

As long as you don’t call someone a pooftah. Obviously calling someone a “ mother &#*%er!“ isn’t offensive to anybody :giggle:
Good to see some skins are getting thicker and the outrage has quietened. Or is it down to who posts it. Anyway….
Pathetic.

• Haha
In any case, gays are like every other group in society, some are arseholes, some a beautiful people, and there is everything in between. Those who hold their sexuality against gays, or see gays as being somehow lesser people than straights, are at the *smile* end and deserve the contempt they get.

DS
All true and most are really good with humor (even taking it on themselves). I'm glad I worked alongside one several years ago to beat the drudgery of the work we had to do everyday.

As long as you don’t call someone a pooftah. Obviously calling someone a “ mother &#*%er!“ isn’t offensive to anybody :giggle:
Good to see some skins are getting thicker and the outrage has quietened. Or is it down to who posts it. Anyway….
I know your being facetious but I called him mother &#*%er which isn’t derogatory as it’s just a bunch of symbols. And it’s from the movie Draft Day , a movie spook and I both enjoyed.

IMG_0513.jpeg

One of my closest friends has a gay son. What that young man has had to put up with in his life is disgusting. School was a nightmare for him.
My friend’s brother came out about 15 years ago. Lived his whole life as a lie (as he put it), too scared to be himself.
This stuff should not happen and it starts with casual homophobia. it does hurt people.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Who mentioned racism?
Ohh you did, you naughty boy. They’ll be after you with pitchforks now you’ve brought racism up.
I copped a tongue lashing from a few for saying poof. They’ll have pitchforks, tar and feathers ready for you.

You seem confused Willo, Brodders is against racism, not for it.

You seem confused Willo, Brodders is against racism, not for it.
I’m not confused. I didn’t mention anything about racism. Nothing. But Brodders did after he quoted my post. Why he quoted my post then wanted to mention racism I’ll never know.

So you are against racial slurs but for anti-LGBTQ slurs? You support the AFL suspending players for racial abuse but not for homophobic abuse?

Strange position to take but ok.

You post a lot like Rosy used to. Write something, get called out on it, say that's not what I meant, don't put words in my mouth, act all offended etc etc. The good thing is you have no authority to ban anyone calling you out.

You post a lot like Rosy used to. Write something, get called out on it, say that's not what I meant, don't put words in my mouth, act all offended etc etc. The good thing is you have no authority to ban anyone calling you out.
You haven’t called anyone out. No one has. Show me what they’ve called out that hasn’t been made up.
They just make up whatever they like and then the pile on starts. What a bunch of little weasels. Grow up.

Still living in that fantasy world, where as soon as one poster has a shot at me, in you come for your bit.
What a brave little bunch you all are :giggle:

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.