Why sunday | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Why sunday

Wouldn't mind a sat night final but more than happy with a Sunday one. Work sat mornings coming off the back of a week of weird shift hours n usually hit kinda run down on saturdays. Sunday final I've had a rest n a lazy morn, best bit, I don't start work till monday arvos so still have recovery time.

Disco said:
Wouldn't worry. They'll be 60K there, 55 of whom will be Tiges. Norf won't be able to hear themselves think.

Your estimation is far too conservative. There is no reason why we shouldn't get 80K with an OVERWHELMING majority of Tiger faithful to swamp and drown out the 5-6 Norf supporters.

Ossie said:
Hi everyone, just wondering the best area to try to get member seats tomorrow to ensure we are surrounded by the yellow and black faithful?

Thanks in advance.

Different bays are allocated for members of each of the competing clubs for the distribution of members' tickets on Monday from 9am-1pm. If you get in early enough you will probably get into a Richmond members' bay.

In 2013 I went to our local agency at about 11am and all the Richmond bays had been sold out and they were only giving us seats in the Carlton bays. On the day Richmond supporters outnumbered the Carlton supporters in our bay anyway.

So get in early on Monday to be assured of sitting in an all-Richmond bay.

YinnarTiger said:
Different bays are allocated for members of each of the competing clubs for the distribution of members' tickets on Monday from 9am-1pm. If you get in early enough you will probably get into a Richmond members' bay.

In 2013 I went to our local agency at about 11am and all the Richmond bays had been sold out and they were only giving us seats in the Carlton bays. On the day Richmond supporters outnumbered the Carlton supporters in our bay anyway.

So get in early on Monday to be assured of sitting in an all-Richmond bay.
Thanks YT. Yes sitting in the Tiger bay is the preferred option for sure. Our experience was similar to yours. We did it online and sat at the Ponsford stand end and outnumbered the Blues' fans.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Doesn't make much sense to guarantee the winner a six-day break leading into the semi, with Richmond and North the only finalists to have had 8 six-day breaks this season. As the higher-ranked team, we should've been given Saturday night.

You're looking at it the wrong way. If we win then we will be the lower ranked team in week 2... so the opposition will deserve the extra days break. The AFL always schedule the Sunday game as an elimination final for this reason

Ian4 said:
You're looking at it the wrong way. If we win then we will be the lower ranked team in week 2... so the opposition will deserve the extra days break. The AFL always schedule the Sunday game as an elimination final for this reason
yes .

There are rules in finals dates allocations
- The minor premier gets the choice of delaying their game if the preferred timing does not give them a 7 day break from round 23. This is what Fremantle used to request their game be played on Saturday and not Friday night and is why the West Coast v Hawthorn game is Friday
- In week 2 the losers from the two qualifying finals will get the 7 day break because they finished top 4 . This will mean that the Friday night game will be Eagles/ Hawks v Dogs/ Crows and the winner of our game will play Saturday night.
- Once the West Coast v Hawthorn game was scheduled on Friday the only time we would be scheduled was Sunday afternoon. It couldn't be Dogs V Crows because then the winner would only get a 5 day break in week 2 and it couldn't be Freo v Swans because the loser is guaranteed a 7 day break and there is not sunday game in week 2 of the finals

believe the club is very happy to be playing on Sunday after playing on the hard surface of ethihad and rested north players.

TigerForce said:
Yep. Hope it backfires them.
bAsically we have had the weekend off plus all this week, plus a fair chunk of the coming week, we should be fresh and ready.

Disco said:
Wouldn't worry. They'll be 60K there, 55 of whom will be Tiges. Norf won't be able to hear themselves think.

North can't draw flies to a 10-day old carcass, Richmond supporters will overwhelm them in numbers and if our side performs it will seem like we are playing an interstate side.