Why sunday | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Why sunday

Tigermad2005 said:
Why is our game been played on Sunday?
For sure it should have been Saturday or Saturday night.

Pretty sure it is because all other games require travelling for a fair proportion of fans from one side or another. Our case not so much (even though I am affected). About maximising crowds

Tigermad2005 said:
Why is our game been played on Sunday?
For sure it should have been Saturday or Saturday night.

Because the AFL decided to play the first match in Perth on Friday night is basically locked in a structure where the loser of that match would have had a massive advantage two extra days break over the winner of the Bulldogs/Crows match if that match had been played on Sunday, so we have to cop the Sunday fixture and give up a days rest to the next week's opponent.

After next week the next matches will be Friday and Saturday nights up to the GF, so the potential match ups have to reduce any gap differences to one day to be fair to the team playing - so if we keep surviving we will play Saturday night fixtures.

I had hoped that we could have played on Saturday, but at least the longer break partially negates North's tactic of resting players.

David C said:
I had hoped that we could have played on Saturday, but at least the longer break partially negates North's tactic of resting players.

Yep. Hope it backfires them.

Doesn't make much sense to guarantee the winner a six-day break leading into the semi, with Richmond and North the only finalists to have had 8 six-day breaks this season. As the higher-ranked team, we should've been given Saturday night.

We should be Saturday night no doubt

1st v 4th plays fri night

2nd v 3rd plays sat arvo

5th v 8th should play sat night

Just more afl *smile* rules. Given up on being annoyed with the way they run things

Disco said:
Anytime, anywhere. Just get the job done.

Yup. The 9 day break has nullified the effect of north's 'managed' strategy. If anything, it will be too long a break for North.

Let's worry about next week, on sunday evening.

Because I'm in Mission Beach (2 hours south of Cairns) and don't fly back until late Saturday evening. Pretty sure the whole weekends fixture has been worked around that.

Hi everyone, just wondering the best area to try to get member seats tomorrow to ensure we are surrounded by the yellow and black faithful?

Thanks in advance.

Ossie said:
Hi everyone, just wondering the best area to try to get member seats tomorrow to ensure we are surrounded by the yellow and black faithful?

Thanks in advance.

Just need to keep away from 4 supporters and you'll be right.

Ossie said:

Thanks in advance.
Wouldn't worry. They'll be 60K there, 55 of whom will be Tiges. Norf won't be able to hear themselves think.

antman said:
Yeah ..cop that Scott you noob. We'll be just as fresh as your rested "stars".
Yep.

For Norf, half their crappy team are going to be coming off a 15 day break. Very few teams have won coming off the bye this year.

antman said:
Yeah ..cop that Scott you noob. We'll be just as fresh as your rested "stars".
I'll ve curious as to what the trading schedule is this week. I'd be looking at giving the boys a few days off eg til Wednesday then some very light sessions. And then Saturday off. Hopefully get them feeling as refreshed as possible.

I'm actually happy about the Sunday game because of a 70th birthday party that I could not miss on Sat. night. I'm in sync with the universe atm. Tiges by 6 goals on Sunday :gotigers

Birdman19 said:
I'm actually happy about the Sunday game because of a 70th birthday party that I could not miss on Sat. night. I'm in sync with the universe atm. Tiges by 6 goals on Sunday :gotigers
a butterfly flaps its wings...i have my sons birthday on sunday afternoon, saturday night would have been just fine.

DeathNinthandTaxes said:
a butterfly flaps its wings...i have my sons birthday on sunday afternoon, saturday night would have been just fine.

My son's 10th birthday is on Monday. A few weeks ago I deliberately made the party for 10am on Sunday morning knowing that there'd be a very good chance we may play on the Sunday afternoon.

So we get the party over and done with and off to the footy!!