Why are we playing a Home game at StKildas home ground ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Why are we playing a Home game at StKildas home ground ?

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Our game against the Sinners this Friday should have been a Friday night game at our Home ground the MCG and not at their home ground.

We'll need to start winning more games, earn the repsect from the whole football fraternity and then we can negotiate on our terms where we want our games.

Agree. Can you believe we play them again this year at Etihad as well, great home team advantage. We played St Kilda once in 07, 08 and 09 and played all those games at Etihad as well, so it has been 5 games in a row we have played away to St Kilda. It's a joke and AD and AA should be held accountable for that, but they'll have some excuse to justify it. Where else in the world of sport would a team play another team away 5 games straight? Nowhere

geoffryprettyboy said:
We'll need to start winning more games, earn the repsect from the whole football fraternity and then we can negotiate on our terms where we want our games.

Granted.
If we were playing one of the interstate teams at the smaller capacity Betihad as our home game I can understand that but were playing a home game against the home team thats crazy.

mainlandy said:
Agree. Can you believe we play them again this year at Etihad as well, great home team advantage. We played St Kilda once in 07, 08 and 09 and played all those games at Etihad as well, so it has been 5 games in a row we have played away to St Kilda. It's a joke and AD and AA should be held accountable for that, but they'll have some excuse to justify it. Where else in the world of sport would a team play another team away 5 games straight? Nowhere

This is where Benny needs to use his skills and change things.

geoffryprettyboy said:
Exactly

smasha said:
Hope we can all get in with our memberships.

Is this a ticketed game?

Just a normal "walk in" game. Yes memberships will get you in and then to level 3. If you want a seat on level 1 or 2 then you have to buy a reserved ticket, for members that will only be the booking fee. If we all turn up we could out number the saints. They tend to have smaller numbers when it isn't their home game.
We will have a spare membership for the game and i have given it to a family member who supports saints but that is as far as the kindness will extend. I Should have really said no way hozay, but being a student she either needed me to pay for the tic or give her the membership. Thats what mums are for, always handing over money. Don't know how many years it has been since we played the saints at the G and because we always go to that game as a family I can remember quite a few of them.

geoffryprettyboy said:

Winning = more MCG games

DirtyDogTiger said:
The Whole DFL (Demetriou Football League) seems very strange these days.
"Hi, thanks for the idea, I will consider that for next year and beyond. Also, I looked at the FIXture and everything is fine" - Vlad

p.s I was thinking the Gold Coast could have 20 home games next year, a private car for each player, a lear jet (maybe 2), double the salary cap, a playing list of 500 and machine gun nests at the opposition scoring end of the ground. I'm sure the other president's will agree.

geoffryprettyboy said:
Agree

If we had have had 30k members in 1995 we could have had state of the art recruting and been a powerhouse and would only go to Ethihad to see the storm play ;D

It also annoys me, though I think I can see the logic of it from an 'off-field' perspective.

It is our only Friday night game in Melbourne. Melbourne can be quite a cold place in the evening or raining, keeping fans away. Hence sitting out in the cold is one reason. Secondly we haven't been travelling too well in the last few years, so by having it indoors against the Saints whose fans turn up there should be good for the TV look, which if we hadn't of won on Saturday we may well have not had too many supporters show up. I think we must have lobbied the AFL for Friday night exposure & this was the game they allocated & Etihad was the 'logical' venue. Safe to say it probably won't be a sell out.

I am looking forward to checking out my new reserved seats there.

im a fully paid member and to make sure i get a seat i reserved my seat with ticketmaster..it cost me 31bucks rather than 44 or something..seems a rip off

arlobill said:
im a fully paid member and to make sure i get a seat i reserved my seat with ticketmaster..it cost me 31bucks rather than 44 or something..seems a rip off

I agree. It is a bit rich (pardon the pun).

DirtyDogTiger said:
The Whole DFL (Demetriou Football League) seems very strange these days.

haha. very appropriate

mexican_radio said:
p.s I was thinking the Gold Coast could have 20 home games next year, a private car for each player, a lear jet (maybe 2), double the salary cap, a playing list of 500 and machine gun nests at the opposition scoring end of the ground. I'm sure the other president's will agree.

cynical statement i know, but not that far from the truth when you consider GC17's concessions (and the fact the other 16 teams folded like a pack of cards). gawd i hate vlad, GC17 and GWS.