Who does Martin have to kill to win a rising star award? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Who does Martin have to kill to win a rising star award?

Col.W.Kurtz said:
Wow, I hadn’t looked at it like that good point. I hadn’t considered the comparison between Johan Brown and Nathan Fyfe but it’s obvious it hindsight.
Nice one.

Col.W.Kurtz said:
Wow, I hadn’t looked at it like that good point. I hadn’t considered the comparison between Johan Brown and Nathan Fyfe but it’s obvious it hindsight.

You're slipping colonel!

GoodOne said:
You're slipping colonel!

I just don't have the withering sarcasm that I had for past Hawthorn trolls like turbo tiger and Abe-whatever-he-was-called.

CarnTheTiges said:
The side has to win a game to get Martin a nomination. If the Tigers win and Martin's in that side even if it's not his best game he'll probably get the nomination.

Agree. Sponsors want to be associated with winning.

Just a side note (since Nathan Fyfe has been mentioned in the thread), Nathan is a big Richmond supporter.
Oh, he was apparently a neighbour of the Morton boys too.

Best of luck to the kid (except when he plays against the Tigers). :D

Odduna said:
Just a side note (since Nathan Fyfe has been mentioned in the thread), Nathan is a big Richmond supporter.
Oh, he was apparently a neighbour of the Morton boys too.

Best of luck to the kid (except when he plays against the Tigers). :D

Goes alright young Fyfe - recall a nice little receive in traffic and split the traffic open like it was standing still. may he find his way home ;D

BIGNIGE said:
Nah he can win a nomination, he can't win the overall award......... it's all a pile of crap :mad:

From the HS today:

Apart from Naitanui the best backed in pre-season was Richmond's Dustin Martin, who is eligible despite receiving a match review reprimand for a front-on bump in Round 3.

Disco08 said:
From the HS today:

Apart from Naitanui the best backed in pre-season was Richmond's Dustin Martin, who is eligible despite receiving a match review reprimand for a front-on bump in Round 3.

He's been taken off the betting markets for Rising Star. Don't think he's eligible to win but I think he can still receive a nomination.

KB said on SEN this morning that Martin cannot win the Rising Star award, but he can be nominated.

Probably won't get a nomination as he can't win it anyway, just like how a lot of players don't get as many Brownlow votes after they have been suspended.

SAF said:
Probably won't get a nomination as he can't win it anyway, just like how a lot of players don't get as many Brownlow votes after they have been suspended.

No way, there are quite a few players each year that get close to winning but have been suspended throughout the season.

Martin will get a nomination.

Rfc4Ever said:
No way, there are quite a few players each year that get close to winning but have been suspended throughout the season.

Martin will get a nomination.
Only if Richmond win a game and they can't find anyone else.

SAF said:
KB said on SEN this morning that Martin cannot win the Rising Star award, but he can be nominated.

Not sure about that, bookies still have him 6-1 to win the award.

Pretty sure you have to be suspended to be ineligible to win it same as the Brownlow.

Also like the Brownlow if you don't play in a successful team you have no hope of winning it.