Who does Martin have to kill to win a rising star award? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Who does Martin have to kill to win a rising star award?

Ty Esler

"Mark Maclure can get stuffed"
May 10, 2005
Fyfe won the rising star award for this week:

Nathan Fyfe
Games 5 Kicks 8.6 Handballs 5.2 Disposals 13.8

Dustin Martin
Games 8 Kicks 9.1 Handballs 10.6 Disposals 19.7
4th for rising stars in inside 50s
3rd for disposals per game

If a player does something good on the football field but is wearing a Richmond jumper did it still happen?

If only Dusty had been drafted before Buddy Franklin, then he’s get stories written about him.

I thought Martin is ineligible for a Rising Star nomination as he accepted a reprimand for bumping or making forceful contact front-on against Swan Josh Kennedy.

btoz_01 said:
I thought Martin is ineligible for a Rising Star nomination as he accepted a reprimand for bumping or making forceful contact front-on against Swan Josh Kennedy.

Nah he can win a nomination, he can't win the overall award......... it's all a pile of crap :mad:

Col.W.Kurtz said:
If only Dusty had been drafted before Buddy Franklin, then he’s get stories written about him.

I look forward to articles questioning how Player X was drafted before Nason or Webberley

btoz_01 said:

Think you're right. How ironic. Kennedy got off for his 1st round demolition of a player.

Don't worry too much..Dusty will have a premiership medal before most of the RS nominations. ;D

Fyfe has been awesome in recent weeks. It is not just about how many times you get the ball, it is also where you get it and what you do with it.

I can't argue with this decision....

Spanish Prisoner said:
Fyfe has been awesome in recent weeks. It is not just about how many times you get the ball, it is also where you get it and what you do with it.

I can't argue with this decision....

Martin is also 16th in the AFL in score assists while playing for the 16th ranked team, you don't hear stories of Fyfe being offered $800,000 a year

The rising star award is nothing to hang your hat on really. Trengove should win it from here if he keeps this kind of form up for the next 6 weeks.

Ty Esler said:
Martin is also 16th in the AFL in score assists while playing for the 16th ranked team, you don't hear stories of Fyfe being offered $800,000 a year

He has been great, I was simply referring to the usual dribble of stats that people use to justify strange theories....

Spanish Prisoner said:
He has been great, I was simply referring to the usual dribble of stats that people use to justify strange theories....
What do other Hawks supporters think of Martin? Would they prefer Fyfe or Martin?

Spanish Prisoner said:

Yeah I wish people wouldn’t use evidence to support their theories. AFL clubs don’t use statistics to measure a player’s performance so why should fans?

Col.W.Kurtz said:
Yeah I wish people wouldn’t use evidence to support their theories. AFL clubs don’t use statistics to measure a player’s performance so why should fans?

AFL clubs don't equate more posessions to a better game. Consider 20 posessions from a Pavlich, Franklin or Brown - they would almost always be better than 30 from a run-of-the-mill midfielder. That is my point, it is about quality and where you get them not simply how many!

The side has to win a game to get Martin a nomination. If the Tigers win and Martin's in that side even if it's not his best game he'll probably get the nomination.

Spanish Prisoner said:
AFL clubs don't equate more posessions to a better game. Consider 20 posessions from a Pavlich, Franklin or Brown - they would almost always be better than 30 from a run-of-the-mill midfielder. That is my point, it is about quality and where you get them not simply how many!
Wow, I hadn’t looked at it like that good point. I hadn’t considered the comparison between Johan Brown and Nathan Fyfe but it’s obvious it hindsight.