Which two players would make us a premiership team? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Which two players would make us a premiership team?

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Assume we are two players off being a premiership team. Which two players would like added to our list?

Current players from other teams, past players from the Tigers and other teams. No rules.

As a kid I loved Dale Weightman and I loved watching him play for the Big V. Would add great hardness and skill and would be very hard to match up with in the forward line.

Also I would have the wingman Matthew Richardson in the team. His ability to run all day and push forward in today's game would make Richo an elite player.

If I had to choose current players from other teams I would pick Todd Goldstein and Paddy Dangerfield.

Richo would be my first pick- I'd love to see him in a well coached team with classy players around him. Oh what could have been.

Thinking about pick too. Tempted to say any of Cogs, Bondy, Dunc, Jacko but people might accuse me of being just a tad biased there. ;)

Out of our current list, if Rioli becomes a gun forward pocket & Corey Ellis becomes the class midfielder/ball user we so desperately need, then we become a flag chance.

Sintiger said:
Treloar and Bennel

I see what you did there.....

For me, it'd be McKenzie and Ward. Someone to replace Chaplin\Batchelor, and Ward to go in and smash and bash relieving Cotchin from that action from players on "today's" lists.

Otherwise Voss and Dean Cox from yesteryears lists.

Sintiger said:
Treloar and Bennel
In all seriousness if we recruited a top class ruck I.e. Goldstein as an example , and we added one more elite midfielder to our group we would be a very serious flag contender

Jack Dyer and Royce Hart
Grunt, determination and never-say-die combined with skill, courage and inspiration.
That's a sure fire mix for a flag.

It might not be a player or two that get us there, it could be a good sports psychologist that could lift the whole team, or even a couple of players to lift us up.

Perhaps if Cotchin and Deledio could lift, we might have a chance?