where to now | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

where to now

Harry said:
hardwick needs to change up his game plan, and needs to get some natural forwards in the team. we need to get more efficient.

Jack, Vic, Lennon, McJeebus, Lids, Martin there is a good mix of forwards and players who play well up forward already. What we need is to know how to handle pressure. Jack, Dusty, Maric, Grimes, Vickery - today at least - all handled the pressure. Then how to apply pressure and get the other side in trouble. Martin does this naturally, so does Jack. We need the whole team to understand what that involves.

Step 1 don't panic

Step 2 sign Lennon and guarantee him a game all year

Step 3 get C Ellis fit

Step 4 Bring in yarran and find another contested mid (Redden)

Step 5 sign a free agent ruckman

Step 5 Stevie j as forwards coach

Terrys Tigz said:
Step 1 don't panic

Step 3 get C Ellis fit

We could do worse than that.

Terrys Tigz said:
Step 1 don't panic

Step 3 get C Ellis fit

Okay with everything there except step 2. I don't agree with guaranteeing someone a game all year just because you're worried they may leave, especially a 3rd year player. If he's good enough his performances will get him a game, not some guarantee or holding the club to ransom.

CarnTheTiges said:
Okay with everything there except step 2. I don't agree with guaranteeing someone a game all year just because you're worried they may leave, especially a 3rd year player. If he's good enough his performances will get him a game, not some guarantee or holding the club to ransom.

I get your point. Should read give him an opportunity to play all year

the fact that we were ranked 1 for marks and 18th for play on from marks shows that our game plan is too static and conservative. we need to get more run, dare and attack into our game, but doubt hardwick will change things up.

Harry said:
the fact that we were ranked 1 for marks and 18th for play on from marks shows that our game plan is too static and conservative. we need to get more run, dare and attack into our game, but doubt hardwick will change things up.

Yep, becomes too predictable when we don't play on at all.