where to now | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

where to now

akotiger

Tiger Cub
Mar 16, 2014
Ok so we are all hurting like hell. My question is where to now. I honestly think we have a good coach and the nucleaas of a very good side. I am devestated to lose today. But we must forge forward. Do we need a treleor or a dangerfield. What do we need to give this very talented team the hard edge it needs.

Continue to blood youth an hopefully fill the holes on the list that need filling. Plenty disagree but I'd be going after Carlisle thought today showed why, certainly be chatting to Bennell an one last call too Dangerfield .

Treloar is done will be at Collingwood and there's a fair chance it will be done day one of trade , Yarran may well be too

Throw away our game plan
We need short cuts
Stevie J
Watts
Keuzer
Get the big $$$$ out

Agree with CC, we must show interest in all of those players. For our sake and for any future finals hopes.

se7en said:
Throw away our game plan
We need short cuts
Stevie J
Watts
Keuzer
Get the big $$$$ out

Watts? Maybe you were out in the sun for too long today.

mrposhman said:
Watts? Maybe you were out in the sun for too long today.

He comes straight into the side, ready made
Him mixed with Griffo and Elton would make our forward line elite.

se7en said:
He comes straight into the side, ready made
Him mixed with Griffo and Elton would make our forward line elite.

You've had a few too many I reckon.

hardwick needs to change up his game plan, and needs to get some natural forwards in the team. we need to get more efficient.

Don't know how much better this group will get with natural improvement. Though it's not an old list, it's not the youngest either. The big names in our squad are pretty much in their prime age. Sure sides like North will drop off, because a lot of their older spine will retire within two years. So you'd expect they will be in for some lean years. Hawthorn are getting on a bit too and won't stay up forever, like what Geelong have found. But I'm starting to think we may just tread water. Yes these teams like North and Hawthorn may drop behind us, but I reckon younger sides like Dogs and GWS will surpass our current generation of players.

Into the Tardis and back to Thursday night to convince the selectors that Reece and Griff are underdone, so therefore no changes. :p

A player with silk - Bennell's the type (got baggage), O'Meara would do (injury issues), not sure if there is another uncut gem in the GWS ranks that just can't get a gig.

I'm glad the sub is gone - because at least next year players like Drummond, Menedue, Butler, Castagna, will get decent game time rather than coming on with 15-20 mins left in a game and expected to produce something special straight away. I feel they need to be able to get the feel of a game and grow into it.

se7en said:
Throw away our game plan
We need short cuts
Stevie J
Watts
Keuzer
Get the big $$$$ out

I'd actually love to get Stevie J!

North picked up a 32yo in Waite and he was pretty much the difference today. Most will say 'too old' but if it gets us over the line and it's free, do it.

It would be a mental relief to bring in a guy with so much experience in winning finals. Otherwise, the message will be pretty stale coming from Cotchin next year.

Good post because it's positive. We either give up (not an option) or get better. And that's what we do.

To me, today summarized where we're deficient - ruck; two more classy midfielders with size, speed & skill; a small forward and another running back.

Maybe Astbury can replace Chaplin beginning next year; maybe McBean can become the third key tall forward now that Riewoldt has taken the CHF role. Ellis will take Newman's role.

The ruck is going to be the toughest one to find. We all love Ivan's heart but he just can't compete against the super tall or the super athletic. But where do we get one.