Where to for Thursfield ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Where to for Thursfield ?

CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
Straight Swap for Dowler might be on the cards,The Hawks are short on Defenders.

:eek:

Why don't we trade for Thomas Murphy too to complete the package!

Brodders17 said:
and the better morton?   :-\

Yep.

Cale is doing extremely well for a boy who's meant to be in a post-knee surgery recovery season.

Today, 4th game back, 25 possies, 9 marks, 1 goal, from a wing.

Phantom said:
That's a good summary.

Personally, Thursfield is a handy FB of the same type as McGuane & Moore. And a well structured team usually only needs two of these types.

I've never faulted his skills but I have also been disappointed that he has never developed the 'running on' side of his game and seemed merely content to be a 'stopper'.

McGuane has been the one to develop both the defensive & attacking sides of his game, and as such has kicked ahead of Thursfield.

And, as many have said, Rance, Astbury, Gourdis et al are younger players pushing for the same spot.

Certainly a good depth player at present but should have taken that extra step to be in the best 18.

But he's 24yo now.
Should have clicked by now.

Yep. He's a backman who's only concern is to beat his man, that's it.
Is there still room in modern day football for defenders like him?
I don't know, but like you said he hasn't taken his game to the next level.
I do like him as a player but I wouldn't be surprised if he was up for trade seadon end.