What went wrong in the last 15 minutes? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

What went wrong in the last 15 minutes?

Massacred at the stoppages by a real AFL quality ruckman. Only a matter of time, really. Did well to stay in it as long as we did.

IrockZ said:
People blaming fitness ::)

If anything we should of had more legs considering the age of some of the Crows players.

It was just a typical RFC loss, going gets tough in the last quarter and we go missing.
You have clearly never played football. Fitness and age have a lot to do with it. Our players simply don't have enough pre-seasons under the belt and are lacking in size. It makes a massive difference which you clearly can't comprehend having never played the game before.

Why would the players elect to go missing? Yes there is a mentality problem there, but fitness and size have a huge impact. How much did that massive session during the week take out of the players? I probably wouldn't have thrashed the boys that hard, but having said that, the Geelong game was diabolical and deserved a punishment.

monteath said:
I think the problem is structural. All night we were killed in the clearances because our ruckman could not get his hands on the ball. The flood gates were always going to open. Our forward line is tiny. Two of Graham, Browne and Simmonds must play. I don't care if they are not getting a touch at Coburg. Put them in. Why else are they on the list? If they can't play we look elsewhere in the next draft. Put Vickery in a forward pocket to develop. Forward talls to be Polak, Riewoldt and one other, possibly Moore or most probably Morton.
Exactly, we spent the whole nite chasing and trying to tackle and steal back possession.

Until we start getting first use or even 50per cent use of the ball from taps it will continue to happen.

Every ball up at the moment is like handing possession to the opposition.

ROLLS ROYCE said:
Exactly, we spent the whole nite chasing and trying to tackle and steal back possession.

Until we start getting first use or even 50per cent use of the ball from taps it will continue to happen.

Every ball up at the moment is like handing possession to the opposition.

Yup. Stoppages in general are a problem area. Have been for a number of years. Wallace did nothing about this in his time, but I guess it has to be one thing at a time for Hardwick and co. We are particularly poor at stoppages near our own goal. We should score from these more than 50% of these but it usually waltzes out and often becomes a score for the opposition. No surprise that Vickers looked out-classed but usually a smart midfield will figure it out and rove the opposition ruckman. We didn't seem to have any answers but again, time will tell, maybe Hardwick is trying not to get too cute too soon? Stick to the basics, get some run and strength into young bodies and let them work up to it.

While 50 points in the 4th was hard to swallow, I'm very happy that Beavis coached for the future and didn't flood the backline in an attempt to limit the damage.

He's got some brass ones that coach of ours.

Baloo said:
While 50 points in the 4th was hard to swallow, I'm very happy that Beavis coached for the future and didn't flood the backline in an attempt to limit the damage.

He's got some brass ones that coach of ours.

That's been a constant with Hardwick......... :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

We lack leadership.
In crucial moments of the game we rely on key players to show the way.
They let us down on the weekend.

For example we missed some easy shots at goal.
Players who missed them were Tambling, Moore, Polak and White.
All have been around long enough to do better.
None are juniors.

Our skill execution under pressure is awful.
It's not acceptable.

BBC said:
For example we missed some easy shots at goal.
Players who missed them were Tambling, Moore, Polak and White.
All have been around long enough to do better.
None are juniors.

I think Tuck may have also missed a shot on goal.
I have no doubt, given the way Adelaide lifted after halt-time, if the Tigers had scored from these opportunities, the game would have been ours.