What do you think the result will be vs the Swans? (Poll) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

What do you think the result will be vs the Swans? (Poll)

What do you think the result will be vs the Swans?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
3121FC said:
After seeing the ins not looking forward to it

I don't understand this sentiment by many. If the difference between winning and losing is Newman or Madonna, then they must be A graders.

Baloo said:
I don't understand this sentiment by many. If the difference between winning and losing is Newman or Madonna, then they must be A graders.
We suck at the selection table
Newman passed his best should announce his retirement
Gordon his best is not good enough at afl level
Lambert 3/4 of football after dozen weeks

tipped the tigers last week and they lost, tipped against them prior to that and they won an upset against Freo - so I have tipped the swans at work by 25 - 30 ptw

Brodders17 said:
i reckon the more whining there is about the selections the better our winning record.

don't forget the development of players.

it's fine to say there ain't much difference between Newman and McDonagh, but getting games into little Plugger is surely more beneficial in the long term.

Our ruckwork is going to be absolutely crucial this week. Tom D is no NikNat. Our three talls have got to control the ball and palm it to our midfield's advantage. If they don't and Sydney take control of the stoppages it could get real ugly. Rance and co. will have no chance. Must control the ruck.

Over to you Maric, Vickery and Griffiths..

Carter said:
don't forget the development of players.

it's fine to say there ain't much difference between Newman and McDonagh, but getting games into little Plugger is surely more beneficial in the long term.
you are the hammer and nail man Carts well said!

The Swans entered the last round '14 with nothing much to play for, no Buddy and top spot sown up. 32-0 start reflected that but the Swans never lay down. Love to win this one mid season when it matters for both clubs. I think tonight is the yardstick more so than the Freo game. Are we still ok with honorableness losses ? I'd like to think no.

Tiger Pops said:
The Swans entered the last round '14 with nothing much to play for, no Buddy and top spot sown up. 32-0 start reflected that but the Swans never lay down. Love to win this one mid season when it matters for both clubs. I think tonight is the yardstick more so than the Freo game. Are we still ok with honorableness losses ? I'd like to think no.

Thats how you set your self up for a whole world of hurt.

We are not the hawks nor freo. They are beyond accepting honourable losses to the swans.

To expect to win no excuses agin a proven performer like the swans is ignoring the reality.

We are a chance to cause an upset. To push them to the line will be no easy task.

We are a side who needs to put many pieces of the puzzle together on top of the hard fought gains we have already earned, before we consider a loss to the swans unacceptable.

ninjahaha said:

We are not the hawks nor freo. They are beyond accepting honourable losses to the swans.

To expect to win no excuses agin a proven performer like the swans is ignoring the reality.

We are a chance to cause an upset. To push them to the line will be no easy task.

We are a side who needs to put many pieces of the puzzle together on top of the hard fought gains we have already earned, before we consider a loss to the swans unacceptable.
Honestly for a professional sports side with aspirations of finals, ANY loss should be considered unacceptable.

history says it will be close. really hope we put a lid on their mids. Tiges by 2 goals.

CarnTheTiges said:
Honestly for a professional sports side with aspirations of finals, ANY loss should be considered unacceptable.

Ah well thats another kettle of fish.

As a sportsman or women you need to be in another head space. Those types of statements and psychology are required to perform and improve.

ninjahaha said:

Too forgiving.

We need strong aspirations. We should be aiming for top four and therefore be bitterly disappointed if we lose to a top four team.

We only lost to WC by a coupla kicks and I expect us to hunt these Swannies in feral packs tonight.

Dimma has certainly picked a collision side if nothing else.

Carter said:
Too forgiving.

We need strong aspirations. We should be aiming for top four and therefore be bitterly disappointed if we lose to a top four team.

We only lost to WC by a coupla kicks and I expect us to hunt these Swannies in feral packs tonight.

Dimma has certainly picked a collision side if nothing else.

Agree with aspirations and disappointment. Semantics i know. But it is a reality that the Swans are expected to win. Tonight is a huge test for a side with ambitions to reach the heights of the swans.

the Swans are a great side. We wanna be a great side.

ninjahaha said:
Agree with aspirations and disappointment. Semantics i know. But it is a reality that the Swans are expected to win. Tonight is a huge test for a side with ambitions to reach the heights of the swans.

the Swans are a great side. We wanna be a great side.

Agree it would be a fantastic win.

Carter said:
Agree it would be a fantastic win.

Massive.

To beat one of the most consistent performers of the comp, a genuine contender...

for our finals chances...

and not least, the development of the group for the future.