Welcome Ben Serpell - High Performance Manager | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Ben Serpell - High Performance Manager

Been very quiet on this has the club. But you would think that a decision would be very close to being finalised as the players would need a heads up for their offseason program.

Ben Serpell at Geelong I want to come to Richmond. They have an old battle harden list that has young blokes who can also play the system.

Plus I would want to get one back at Shocking and Salty.
We got our man.

Very exciting to have Ben at the club.

Also suck it Shocking and Salty.

• Love
Reactions: 18 users
We got our man.

Good call MB78. We can learn (or steal) a bit off the Pussies...........or let's hope it's not Emperor SHocking sending in a mole to kill us......

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Is this the same guy that's behind Geeelongs older players to keep *smile* going well past retirement?

Reactions: 1 user
We got our man.

So we got the guy that the cats didn’t want?

Who was under their noses but chose Desmond O’Sullivan instead.

Not saying it’s a bad or wrong decision or we losing here. I don’t know. but……….

A dude called Scott Murphy. Been in the role for a decade. Maybe up for a new challenge.

Has a rugby background. UK and with the Wallabies.

Maybe up for a change.

His head of strength and conditioning Ben Serpell be worth looking into. Also has an extensive rugby background with the Wallabies, Waratahs, Brumbies and AIS. His CV is actually a hell of a lot better and diverse than Meehan's and this would be a step up in pay.

Back in April. Leysy got 10% recruitment fee.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 14 users
He should have learnt a bit working under Scott Murphy at the Cats the last three years. Hopefully he just brings most of their system and training methods across. They have a great record keeping players on the park, especially aging ones.

Reactions: 2 users
Lets face it anyone is better than what we had, working with a young list hopefully he can put size on these kids. Because yze wants contested long down the line footy.

Reactions: 1 user
I don’t know anything about these guys but given it is less than 8 weeks since Meehan left it is terrific that we can get someone in place before the pre season.

Great work

Hoping for a major turnaround in this area as we are going to need everyone fit next season to remain competitive.

Reactions: 3 users
I don’t know anything about these guys but given it is less than 8 weeks since Meehan left it is terrific that we can get someone in place before the pre season.

Great work

Hoping for a major turnaround in this area as we are going to need everyone fit next season to remain competitive.
Also great to get his views on guys like Lalor and Hotton in advance of the draft.

Reactions: 4 users