Week 2 Finals: Taking the Long Route | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Week 2 Finals: Taking the Long Route

Bones17

Tiger Rookie
Jul 11, 2010
The Pines
Power v Hawks at Adelaide Oval Friday Night and Giants v Lions at Engie Stadium Saturday Night.
I am hoping the Hawks can keep the momentum going and the Giants should be too good for the Lions.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Is Engie Stadium the showgrounds?

Can't keep up with this crap, just want the generic names.

Week 2 is always a bit of a quandary. History tells us that the qualifying final losers are favoured to win. But this time you have a rising Hawthorn against Port who were pathetic, so I reckon the Hawks win. GWS simply have to win, this is a big chance for them, they can win the lot and they now have to go the hard way, but I reckon they will beat Brisbane and their game should be very competitive against Geelong.

Although Geelong losing a Grand Final would be fun I would still prefer they lose the Prelim.

DS

Reactions: 7 users

Week 2 is always a bit of a quandary. History tells us that the qualifying final losers are favoured to win. But this time you have a rising Hawthorn against Port who were pathetic, so I reckon the Hawks win. GWS simply have to win, this is a big chance for them, they can win the lot and they now have to go the hard way, but I reckon they will beat Brisbane and their game should be very competitive against Geelong.

Although Geelong losing a Grand Final would be fun I would still prefer they lose the Prelim.

DS
Yes Engie Stadium is the Showgrounds.
I wonder how many tickets Lion Supporters will get, only 23,500 Capacity.
If it is a Geelong v Hawthorn Grand Final my sense of justice would be Ginnivan milking a high contact free kick and he kicks a goal that wins the Grand Final and being able to gloat at all the hypocrisy from the Geelong Supporters.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

DS
Gws loves slapping Geelong

Yes Engie Stadium is the Showgrounds.
I wonder how many tickets Lion Supporters will get, only 23,500 Capacity.
If it is a Geelong v Hawthorn Grand Final my sense of justice would be Ginnivan milking a high contact free kick and he kicks a goal that wins the Grand Final and being able to gloat at all the hypocrisy from the Geelong Supporters.

Wow, not really big enough for a final I would have thought. Geelong will make a note of this to hold finals down in sleepy hollow at Kardinia Park.

DS

Wow, not really big enough for a final I would have thought. Geelong will make a note of this to hold finals down in sleepy hollow at Kardinia Park.

DS
Geelong had a final against Freo at sleepy hollow in 2013.
In 2013 Victoria hosted the 4 games of Week1 of the Finals.
I read the AFL deal with the MCC takes precedence over other grounds in Victoria.

Last edited:
Geelong had a final against Freo at sleepy hollow in 2013.
In 2013 Victoria hosted the 4 games of Week1 of the Finals.
I read the AFL deal with the MCC takes precedence over other grounds in Victoria.
The best thing about the final that the Cats had against Freo in Sleepy Hollow is that they lost it!

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Power v Hawks at Adelaide Oval Friday Night and Giants v Lions at Engie Stadium Saturday Night.
I am hoping the Hawks can keep the momentum going and the Giants should be too good for the Lions.
Agree, expect Hawks & GWS to win. Lions winning would not be a total surprise. Can’t see Port winning after Cats disaster.

Reactions: 1 user
There was only one MCG final last weekend, the semis are in Adelaide and Sydney, and one of the prelims is in Sydney. There is zero chance the Geelong v GWS/Brisbane prelim is going to be in Geelong.

I can't win on Fridey night..
Hawthorn are getting me really angry
And Port to go out 6-0 6-0 2 yrs in a row, they would be put up at Wimbledon hall of fame.

Wouldn’t write off Port. They have a pretty good record of bouncing back after a terrible performance.

Reactions: 4 users