Umps today | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umps today

Uncle said:
Laws of the Game committee:

Adrian Anderson (chairman)
Kevin Bartlett,Luke Darcy,Andrew McKay,Matthew Pavlich, Rowan Sawers,Leigh Mathews,Luke Power and Michael Sexton .

Take away one peanut headed chairman from that group and things might improve.

Bad round for the umpires. Real bad in Sydney-Essendon, McLaren I think especially, werent much better in ours or in the Carlton game yesterday either. Those first few minutesi nt hat game were a joke. Umpires too precious, too easily give 50m penalties willy nilly not realising the effect they can have on a game, are inconsistent and just like to get involved a littel bit too much for my liking.

shawry said:
Bad round for the umpires. Real bad in Sydney-Essendon, McLaren I think especially, werent much better in ours or in the Carlton game yesterday either. Those first few minutesi nt hat game were a joke. Umpires too precious, too easily give 50m penalties willy nilly not realising the effect they can have on a game, are inconsistent and just like to get involved a littel bit too much for my liking.

Sydney Essendon game was diabolical, and that is saying something these days.

Streak said:
Sydney Essendon game was diabolical, and that is saying something these days.

It was one of the rare occasions I've barracked for Sydney. While I didn't think there were too many out-and-out howlers, Sydney got an unbelievably good run with the 50/50's.

The umpires cost us victory, in fact we probably would have won by 8 goals had we had decent umpires.

GoodOne said:
Just out of interest, Saints were not awarded one free kick in their backline but were given 14 frees in the middle third of the ground compared to our 5. That's a large number of frees that basically give you a good chance at inside 50.

Rosebury in the Essendon game 11 frees to 1.

Cmon Geesh who did yer daughter at RFC? ;D

WHAT IS GOING ON ADOLF DIMWITTIO??? :don't know

New York Tiger said:
Agree. Good post. We would be sitting on top of the ladder, if not for the umps.

Imagine how good we'd be if we were given the 1st,3rd,5th,7th,9th etc etc picks for the next 3 drafts. It's a conspiracy I tells ya.