tyson edwards | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

tyson edwards

LidsBling&Cotch said:
and i thought we handled our retirements and delistings like amateurs

shame on the crows and edwards
Edwards Ego is out of control. Gets dropped so he walks. What a tool.

LidsBling&Cotch said:
he was ommited, requested a farewell game (not sure when), he was denied a farewell game then he retired
Shabby treatment by the Crows,they're not going to make the finals so a farewell game was fair enough.

Brodders17 said:
according to the guy quoted in the sun he is "one of the all-time greats of the afl." mmm, perhaps a little over the top.
320 games is pretty impressive
Only 27 players have played more in VFL/AFL history

ZeroGame said:
320 games is pretty impressive
Only 27 players have played more in VFL/AFL history

definitely a very good player for a very long time, but I wouldnt class him as "one of the all-time greats of the afl". would you?

Brodders17 said:
according to the guy quoted in the sun he is "one of the all-time greats of the afl." mmm, perhaps a little over the top.

He was. He was also one of the most underrated players in AFL history. Had he been in a victorian team he would be hailed as a champion.

The term good honest player doesnt fit, he was head and shoulders above that.

Just as a side note, heres how he compares to the golden boy;

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?tid1=2&pid1=8&tid2=2&pid2=15&type=A&fid1=C&fid2=C

Jason King said:
He was. He was also one of the most underrated players in AFL history. Had he been in a victorian team he would be hailed as a champion.

The term good honest player doesnt fit, he was head and shoulders above that.

Just as a side note, heres how he compares to the golden boy;

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?tid1=2&pid1=8&tid2=2&pid2=15&type=A&fid1=C&fid2=C

Agree. Would have to be one of my favourite crows players of all time, not that I like the crows :) . Honest, reliable, consistant, no fuss. Dual premiership winning player. 300 + games. Checking the crows website (yes, I feel dirty), although he hasn't won a B+F, he finished 2nd 3 times and in the top 10 in the voting every year since 2000. He was durable, missed 2 games last year and missed only 3 games in the previous 9 seasons.
I don't think he spat the dummy. I think he was told he was dropped, realised he wasn't up to it anymore and decided to do the right thing by the club and himself and said he would retire. Only asked for a farewell match to say good bye, understandable and deserved. Craig said no originally but now has changed his mind after realising how much Tyson meant to the club and supporters ( I guess all the abuse helped him change his mind ;D ).
Good luck in your future Tyson

Legends of 1980 said:
Agree. Would have to be one of my favourite crows players of all time

Yeah he'd have been one of your first picked every week if you were a coach.
Had an incredibly consistent career.
If only our players had as many 'up' days as Tyson Edwards did over the duration of his career.

As much as I dislike the Crows, Edwards has been a player I have always liked too.

Like others have said, he's not flashy or gets the accolades of the others (McLeod, Riciutto, Goodwin, Burton) but gets the job done week-in, week-out.

I wish we had some Edwards (not Shane) in our team!

If we are going to give Troy Simmonds a farewell game, then it would be disgraceful for the Crows not to give Edwards a game too.

Legends of 1980 said:
Agree. Would have to be one of my favourite crows players of all time, not that I like the crows :) . Honest, reliable, consistant, no fuss. Dual premiership winning player. 300 + games. Checking the crows website (yes, I feel dirty), although he hasn't won a B+F, he finished 2nd 3 times and in the top 10 in the voting every year since 2000. He was durable, missed 2 games last year and missed only 3 games in the previous 9 seasons.
I don't think he spat the dummy. I think he was told he was dropped, realised he wasn't up to it anymore and decided to do the right thing by the club and himself and said he would retire. Only asked for a farewell match to say good bye, understandable and deserved. Craig said no originally but now has changed his mind after realising how much Tyson meant to the club and supporters ( I guess all the abuse helped him change his mind ;D ).
Good luck in your future Tyson

I agree. I read into it - that he was told he was dropped (maybe message was that the writing was on the wall type stuff)...asked for a farewell game - request denied.....decided to retire. Now....the only people that know this for sure are those involved. If the above is correct - then the initial rejection by Adelaide was appalling. I do know that Neil Craig can be a little too intense for his own good at times notwithstanding his strengths.

mexican_radio said:
Edwards will get his farewell game after all.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/tyson-edwards-retires-from-the-adelaide-crows/story-e6frf9jf-1225872494489

Bloody well deserved

feisty tige said:
Good to see a coach and/or club change their mind. :)

Only 'cos he feared the backlash from the Crows supporters.

I think Neil craig is on borrowed time.

premiers2010 said:
Only 'cos he feared the backlash from the Crows supporters.

I think Neil craig is on borrowed time.

Agree. Poorly handled by the club & coach. Appears like a play off b/w egos behind the scenes

Al Bundy said:
Agree. Poorly handled by the club & coach. Appears like a play off b/w egos behind the scenes

Not convinced that Craig should tkae much blame. He was left with the unenviable task of trying to repair the damage.