Tuck in the backline??? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tuck in the backline???

The commentators made a valid point at one stage when Tuck grabbed it and just kicked it "Tuck makes it someone else's problem".

Sums up his game. he can get it, he can clear it, but more often than not it's not to our advantage.

It seemed Melbourne were letting Tuck get free in the back flank/pocket so he was an easy option for our defenders. Tuck then often turned it over from there.

I also reckon we should try him deep forward. He is a good overhead mark and an accurate set shot at goal.

ICE said:
It seemed Melbourne were letting Tuck get free in the back flank/pocket so he was an easy option for our defenders. Tuck then often turned it over from there.

I also reckon we should try him deep forward. He is a good overhead mark and an accurate set shot at goal.

I'd have him out - but he could be a roving forward who isn't allowed to go outside forward 50. He has Tuck and Ablett genes, maybe some of Uncle Gary will kick in.

Baloo said:
The commentators made a valid point at one stage when Tuck grabbed it and just kicked it "Tuck makes it someone else's problem".

Sums up his game. he can get it, he can clear it, but more often than not it's not to our advantage.

Pretty well sums it up.
If anything his turnovers put us on the back foot and regularly lead to goals.
I groan almost every time he touches it.