Tuck in the backline??? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tuck in the backline???

Feb 25, 2007
Seeing tuck last week and the first half today it was quite embarrassing, has no footy smarts and his kicking is not AFL standard, what i noticed with him today was he actually came across scared when kicking out from defence like wayne campbell little toe pokes so he wouldn't turn it over and he knows if he does its adios, kicked into no mans land most times...

Then got moved into the midfield in the 2nd half and must say he did well, ill give him his dues there....

Digglers Ghost said:
correct.

too many unco's in the backline already!

Guess they put Cotch down there to fill Cousin's role, needed some class - which he provided but seemed to go missing after half time.

Cotchin & Deledio spent just about all day on the flanks, Tuck was almost CHB.

Thought he was far from the worst. He is what he is. Not a long term fix but the best of the battlers.

We did need him in the midfield. No use having Hislop in the middle he makes Tuck look skilled.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

i'm sorry. but even in the second half, the turnovers... the missed passes... the helicopter kicks....... .........we can't keep rewarding that.

He should play as a leading forward or nothing. What an irony that he's almost the best set-shot for goal in the side.

grumpytiger said:
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

i'm sorry. but even in the second half, the turnovers... the missed passes... the helicopter kicks....... .........we can't keep rewarding that.

SPOT ON.
I am actually quite astounded how much praise Tuck is receiving. An absolute liability out there.
Shocking game again.

Tuck is a liability in the backline, especially when he is the receiver of a kick-in. His next kick could go anywhere.

He should be in the midfield.
He went in there in the last quarter and we started to win some clearances.
It takes some heat of Martin as well.
Can't believe they started Hislop in there

super_coach said:
He should be in the midfield.
He went in there in the last quarter and we started to win some clearances.
It takes some heat of Martin as well.

Agree - as much as a liability he is with his disposal sometimes (60% efficiency yesterday), he is useful in the guts, and helps Martin out. Was second in both contested possessions and 1%ers yesterday.

super_coach said:

Hislop was rightly tried in the position he was drafted to fill.
Sadly he was found painfully short of ability and fitness on the ball as well.
Surely a big, fat texta has now been put through his name.

I hope to heck Axle's ankle comes good.

When Hislop and Jackson went into the centre sqaure to start the game I had to laugh.

Streak said:
Seems to be some support for this move.

I would play him FF. He's a decent size. Can kick goals. Takes a contested grab. Fights hard when he doesn't have the ball.

His role should be to take the physical pressure off Jack, Mitch and the others.