Trent Cotchin (Merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trent Cotchin (Merged)

He can now have 5 months to freshen up and get himself right. Think he has one more big year in him.

Reactions: 8 users
Do we know what grade the injury is - I am assuming low grade given it happened in the 2nd qtr.

Sad news for Cotch, can’t remember him doing a knee during his career although I recall he had some issues over his first couple of seasons.

This has been a season from hell.
Yep he got up from that tackle limping. In his first couple of seasons I recall calf/achilles and foot issues. Not sure if in both legs or just one.

We overlook that over the last 4 seasons, our players have basically played an extra half a season due to finals. He and quite a few others will be quietly relishing a longer break.

Reactions: 5 users
Yep he got up from that tackle limping. In his first couple of seasons I recall calf/achilles and foot issues. Not sure if in both legs or just one.
Yep Posterior Cruciates are generally a traumatic direct impact injury.

I think he may have got a hit on it in that tackle

Expect that Cotchy will step down as captain for his final year of AFL. The stuff that he has done to his body to bring dominant success to this club and its fans has been unbelievable. The ultimate definition of unselfishness. Have a great rest big fella, get yourself healthy and fit and unload one final time.
In years to come we will tell our grand kids how much of a warrior Trent was.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Yep Posterior Cruciates are generally a traumatic direct impact injury.

I think he may have got a hit on it in that tackle
So thankfully the knee may be ok ? What about the hair though ? The hair man ! Tell me it’s still magnificent ??? The haaaiiir ! The Elvis Presley of football.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
So thankfully the knee may be ok ? What about the hair though ? The hair man ! Tell me it’s still magnificent ??? The haaaiiir ! The Elvis Presley of football.
All should be well with the knee my Dear Redness, Im even more confident about the Coiffure

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Was on the booze with Dion Saturday night at the Spearmint Rhino and got in a fight with a cleaner.
Balme found him passed out on a park bench.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Was on the booze with Dion Saturday night at the Spearmint Rhino and got in a fight with a cleaner.
Balme found him passed out on a park bench.
Didn't think the man could be more legendary but there you go.

Expect that Cotchy will step down as captain for his final year of AFL. The stuff that he has done to his body to bring dominant success to this club and its fans has been unbelievable. The ultimate definition of unselfishness. Have a great rest big fella, get yourself healthy and fit and unload one final time.
Will be a sad day when he retires.
Sacrificed his body for our success.
Premiership captain 3x Brownlow medalist and catalyst in this period of our domination.
Under immense scrutiny and criticism changed his game of chip chip to becoming the chopping block of our midfield.

Rest
Repair the body and mind.
Return for another go.

Reactions: 3 users
Where has all this Cotchin will step down this year. I haven't heard anything official. Are people just speculating?

Maybe he copped it when he got slammed by Sproule .

He got up limping and hobbled mightve got enough impact to his knee to do it.

Get him to the Vets and get him sorted for one more year of Skippa Chimp Savagery.
Yer, thought that Sproule just really slammed into him unnecessarily when he was defenseless on the ground. But, of course, no recognition of an illicit action from the Dumps.
You can see how hard he tried in the Freo and GWS losses. Really worked his butt off trying to lead from the front with no Dusty and both Nank, Sheds and Lynch plus whoever else, struggling with their various issues. GWS match one of his best games for the year; not that common for Cotch to top 30x Ds these days. Still some wasteful ones, but some improved passes and HBs too. What courage to keep on going so hard post the injury!

He's clearly still got years left in him once fully fit and recovered after a long and well-earned rest before finally being able to reset with a full PS. I'm confident the skip has plenty left thereafter, especially with Dusty and Sheds similarly back refreshed supported by developing youngsters like HRS and Dow showing good signs. Hopefully RCD joining in too.

Might be time to hand over the captaincy to Dusty or Floss, but still an absolute Champ in my eyes.