Tigers are on the march. Were will we end up on the ladder. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tigers are on the march. Were will we end up on the ladder.

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
With massive predictions of the club not winning any games for the year, we have now have 2 wins from last 3 games.

Looking at the rest of the year we have a few winnable games if we continue to maintain the efforts from all.

Games to come are as folloows;

Brisbane - win, Sydney - loss, Freo - win, Kangas - win, Pies - the one I would really want to win. Loss, Adelaide - win, Melb - win, Carlton - win, StK - loss, Port - win

we could end up on 9 wins - 13 losses. Fantastic platform for next year were I honestly believe we will be playing finals football. (11th)

Maybe Gale was right. Thoughts?

oh & only have had a few drinks tonight & watching the replay :hihi

Well maybe watch it when your sober because WC was horrible. Would love to win every game evry year, but those games you have us for a win are after how many drinks?

"Were will we end mup on the ladder"?

Hopefully in a well paying job that lhas our children receive spelling lessons. ;)

MrRuss said:
Well maybe watch it when your sober because WC was horrible. Would love to win every game evry year, but those games you have us for a win are after how many drinks?
a few heheh. still believe we are a shot to win those games. :hihi

i wouldnt get to carried away, we might still have some shockers as we build.But how good it is it to beleive that we could actually win those games you mentioned before..thats a massive improvement from a month ago when everyone thought we wouldnt win a single game..id be happy to have at least 3 or 4more very impressive wins and not be thrashed again this year

Al Bundy said:
Brisbane - win at the Gabba - very slim chance - loss, Sydney - loss, Freo - win are a top 4 team no hope, Kangas - win - depends which Kanagaroos team turns up on the day - winnable, Pies - the one I would really want to win. Loss, Adelaide - win, Melb - win, winnable Carlton - win top 8 team getting ready for the finals no hope loss, StK - loss, Port - win

We could end up on 6 wins (Port x 2, West Coast, Kangaroos, Adelaide, Melbourne) - 16 losses. And that is being super confident - I have my doubts we can achieve that.

Caution
The longer the season goes our first year players will wilt - do not expect them to be strong powerful players all season - come rounds 16 to 22 they will tire - the AFL season for first and second year players with only one or two pre-seasons under their belt can be a very very long season........

RemoteTiger said:
We could end up on 6 wins (Port x 2, West Coast, Kangaroos, Adelaide, Melbourne) - 16 losses. And that is being super confident - I have my doubts we can achieve that.

Caution
The longer the season goes our first year players will wilt - do not expect them to be strong powerful players all season - come rounds 16 to 22 they will tire - the AFL season for first and second year players with only one or two pre-seasons under their belt can be a very very long season........
Good points there, RT.

RemoteTiger said:

Caution
Thats why Dimma has been giving a few of the boys the odd rest week at Coburg. The mid season break will be a blessing for all the list, followed by a bit of subtle tinkering with the workload of the big group of young fellas should see them get through okay.
We've still got Axle, Polak, Morton plus Goo and Guantanamo Hicks to probably get some game time in the second half of the year.

Son of Francis said:
Hmm. Mathematically we can still finish 9th!?! :eek:
If we do we will be "locked and loaded" for 2011!
Now, then let's get Wallet & Miller back to weave some d(r)aft magic.

Oh my. Best results would be 4 wins and last.

Lot of kool aid drinkers around at the minute.

Things are getting better but keep a lid on it.

Spanish Prisoner said:
This is the concerning part. Once again we welcome unacceptable performances...

I guess our supporters can see a future at last. In my opinion, there is plenty of reason for optimism, has been all year.

Spanish Prisoner said:
This is the concerning part. Once again we welcome unacceptable performances...

Heaven forbid anyone enjoy a solid win and a 10 goal haul from a young developing player.

It's a shame we can't all have your greater perspective to gaze down from SP, but of course you couldn't enjoy being smugly superior if we did could you? So it's all good.

I agree with SCOOP.

Common sense dictates two more wins and no more. First in round 17 against Collingwood (100+ points). Second in round 20 against Carlton (120+ points). :)

Close losses in every other game with continued improvement from the kids.

Would provide the best platform for 2011.