TIGER WOBBLES | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TIGER WOBBLES

Love Ivan but gets killed by the top end rucks , need outside speed and a small forward sigh , also need a tall back chaplain is fragile. Leaders must lead its as simple as that.... Over to you RFC!!!!

Bill James said:
If you believed we were favorites you clearly don't have a football brain. .....

Looking at celebrity tipsters, media comments and odds I'd say we were firm favourites.

Twenty-two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year
Running over the same old ground
What have we found?
The same old fears

Still better than the tiger skin curse.

axlefoley said:
The bookies had us favourites Bill.
Did you? Not counting last week we are 2 from 10 against north, we don't have matchups for their forward structure, if we lose the midfield battle we have no chance.

Bill James said:
Did you? Not counting last week we are 2 from 10 against north, we don't have matchups for their forward structure, if we lose the midfield battle we have no chance.

Yes I did Bill. We were in it until mid way through the last quarter although we were rudderless.

I think some need to research the term colliwobbles. No comparison. Colliwobbles referred to Collingwoods long run of grand final losses, many by less than a goal. I really dont think 3 first final losses classifies as Tigerwobbles.

rosy23 said:
If you don't like it ignore it and it will soon slip from sight.

I'm pretty sure he's only here to bait people, which is against the site rules. Surely given he only appears to do exactly this, it's worth putting a muzzle on him.

tigerlove said:
I think some need to research the term colliwobbles. No comparison. Colliwobbles referred to Collingwoods long run of grand final losses, many by less than a goal. I really dont think 3 first final losses classifies as Tigerwobbles.

I can enlighten you on the colliwobbles. The basic concept involved Collinwood not being able to clinch it because they'd had a long premiership droughtt. We are officially entering tigerwobbles territory. Not saying we can't overcome it, Collingwood did eventually, but we are there.

The_General said:
I'm pretty sure he's only here to bait people, which is against the site rules. Surely given he only appears to do exactly this, it's worth putting a muzzle on him.
Agree, where has he been the rest of the season? All of a sudden pops up when our season hits a low.

I think the AFL know's the Tiger's are a good thing - great TV numbers and crowd numbers. I'd be surprised if we don't get another decent draw next year. The seem to have settled on a decent gameplan, but it took from rounds 7-23 to get their head's around it and bed it down.

We need to get off to a better start next season and finish top 4 - it just has to happen.

puregreen said:
I think the AFL know's the Tiger's are a good thing - great TV numbers and crowd numbers. I'd be surprised if we don't get another decent draw next year. The seem to have settled on a decent gameplan, but it took from rounds 7-23 to get their head's around it and bed it down.

We need to get off to a better start next season and finish top 4 - it just has to happen.
Yeah if we make top 4 at least we guarantee ourselves 2 finals. You know it was 1982 the last time we had a win in the first round of the finals, although it was a different format back then.

axlefoley said:
Yes I did Bill. We were in it until mid way through the last quarter although we were rudderless.
Not me, we kicked accurately they didn't, we were fortunate to be in it.

Bill James said:
If you believed we were favorites you clearly don't have a football brain. I had us losing by 5 goals. We have 6 mid backs, they have one mid forward, two smalls and three very talks. They are a serious problem for us to matchup.

Good point Bill. We really need 3 Rances down back.

tigersnake said:
I can enlighten you on the colliwobbles. The basic concept involved Collinwood not being able to clinch it because they'd had a long premiership droughtt. We are officially entering tigerwobbles territory. Not saying we can't overcome it, Collingwood did eventually, but we are there.

Not quite, I think the FOUR GRAND FINAL losses between 1977 and 1981 had a lot to do with the coining of the phrase. That's not including the 77 grand final draw that they had in the bag. If we get to that point I'll happily concede were are entering Tigerwobble territory.

Pumpkins, we're all pumpknins. That's why we can't make the finals.

Oh, hang on.