Thomson Dow | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thomson Dow

I'm still not convinced that Dow is going to be of much use to Richmond going forward.
He's going to get games given the injury list so he's got some opportunity to impress but he will have to improve on what he's already shown.

He was looking a bit better to half time, but gee he's more vanilla than vanilla ice cream.

He's an in and under player but too small and weak to compete with the others. So does he involve himself in chains through the middle, nope. Is he strong defensively, nope.

Stats don't lie after 9 games, he is ranked average to below average in every stat going, there isn't 1 that he is above average in, and to top all that off, he's not fit enough judging by the constantly low TOG %.

Reactions: 1 user
Is afraid to kick the ball always looks to handball
Can we get McAuliffe into the side ASAP

Reactions: 1 users
Is afraid to kick the ball always looks to handball
Can we get McAuliffe into the side ASAP
His hesitation in releasing the ball is part of the problem too.
Either he holds the ball too long and makes a rushed kick or his hand balls are to a bloke that is more under pressure.
1 of his kicks tonight, not under pressure but he rushed it went 30 meters straight to a Footscary defender.
He dosent chase, he isn't fast and looks bad when he is always trailing behind.
Buy there's none else.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah, not seeing it with Dow, looks like a bust to me.

Too slightly built, questionable disposal, not quick enough - just can't see what he is meant to offer.

DS

Reactions: 2 users
He's had the entire season so far to show he belongs but apart from the odd quarter or 2 has he hasn't displayed enough to be considered AFL standard player. Aside from retirements giving him a reprieve he should be delisted at the end of the year.

Sadly Dow has evasive moves, but that is about all. The one criticism I have always had is his lack of running effort. He just cruises around while opponents run off him.

Junior watchers, What was it about TD in his draft year that made him a pick 21? I just have never seen it, he looks like a bog standard VFL player. Possibly worse.

Excruciating watching him not want to kick the ball. A lithe looking winger type who doesn't run with it and is terrified to kick. An in and under who is too light to intimidate or rack up touches. Wtf.

I was happy to be patient and keep playing him so he could develop. However, it’s become clear he ain’t up to it. Gonna be a loooooong rebuild

Fox Tv Cookie GIF by Empire FOX

There was a time during the game where Dow had marked the ball on the wing. Hugo ran and presented to him 15 metres up the field unmarked. Simple short pass to Hugo, right?

Nup.

Dow chips a 15 metre hospital pass to Hugo, who is then spoiled over the boundary line.

Seen more than enough. Has been given plenty of games to show his worth and who is now in his fifth year.