The yellow boots are back | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The yellow boots are back

Judge Smailes said:
Heh, loved it when Bobby Skilton used to commentate - "Bawwy Wowlings!". I'm with Rosy, get the yellow clash shorts back baby!!!!!!
LOL

Great when we played the Swans. Bawwy Wowlings and Big Bawwy Wound ;D

The 1982 GF was where I saw my first pair of boobies :help I remember Jim jess kicking goals at Arden street out of the ground, I remember being a 9 year old having 17 on my duffle coat. I shook his hand after a game one year when my mum knew someone at the club and they let me meet my favorite player in the rooms after a game, I felt so special being let through, Black magic it was. I didn't wash my hand for a week. Call a Indigenous player that today and you would cause all sorts commotion. I remember seeing many a times the MCG being a full house with people sitting on the edge of the grand stand roof. I was at the game when Michael Malthouse (iirc) picked up a boot and through it in disgust at a umpire decision. I remember Jim Jess running over a Melbourne player stomping his boots into him while he laid on the ground. The umpire let it go as a fix up. This was when there was little seating behind the goals and you could kick the footy while the game was on. I have so many fond memories when i was a kid, My Mum and Grandma, both one eyed, both never missed a game and I was lucky enough to be dragged along to every game. At the time it was routine every saturday to the footy, listening for the results around the other grounds and trying to work out the ladder before it was announced on the radio, but now I know it was special for many reasons.