The yellow boots are back | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The yellow boots are back

Tigers of Old

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Maybe it wasn't the first week they were worn but last weekend was the first time I noticed it that Deledio & Tambling were both wearing the yellow boots.

Reminded me so much of the 80s when we were at our best.
Many of the Tiger players in the 1980 grand final had the yellow boots on and nice to see them making a comeback. Looking good.

Hopefully it's the beginning of everything old being new again..

30897_403348478850_834548850_4308324_3891031_n.jpg

30897_403351763850_834548850_4308427_7070994_n.jpg

Great pics btw nwonash. 8)

Love the yellow boots. Should only be worn by good players not duds.

Lids looks good in them.

Cotch & Dusty should get onto them as well.

If Kingy wore them it would just look weird!! ;D

it reminds me of the days when Richmond were a powerhouse and the players wore them.

Hopefully this is a sign to come.

Digglers Ghost said:
Love the yellow boots. Should only be worn by good players not duds.

Sam Newman caused a fuss when he wore white boots back in the day, but he was good enough to get away with it. Just.

I think Winderlich? wore pink boots last night.

TigerForce said:
I thought only Lee, Weightman and Jess wore them.

Vaguely remember Emmit Dunne, David Cloke, Greg Strahan wearing them in the 80 GF as well and others like Barry Rowlings, John Annear later

premiers2010 said:
Vaguely remember Barry Rowlings, Emmit Dunne, David Cloke, Greg Strahan wearing them in the 80 GF as well and others like John Annear later

You're right. How can I forget Cloke in those golden boots. Plod and Strachan did...vaguely....but I'm not sure I remember Bazza wearing them.

TigerForce said:
You're right. How can I forget Cloke in those golden boots. Plod and Strachan did...vaguely....but I'm not sure I remember Bazza wearing them.

You may be right about Bazza TF, in 30 years the brains taken a bit of punishment and the memory could be going ;D

premiers2010 said:
You may be right about Bazza TF, in 30 years the brains taken a bit of punishment and the memory could be going ;D

It sure does. Sometimes I keep thinking we won the 1982 GF. ;D

Bring back those lace up jumpers, you know the ones that caused players to dislocate their fingers when they tackled us.
From my recollection Barry Rowlings did have yellow boots as did Stephen Mount, The Flea, Strachanie and Emmet Dunne.

Heh, loved it when Bobby Skilton used to commentate - "Bawwy Wowlings!". I'm with Rosy, get the yellow clash shorts back baby!!!!!!