The media | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The media

Media back on the wagon.

Best they keep off and don't write articles about us on eve of games.

GWS danger game even with their injuries.

Lot of love for the Tigers on the radio this morning with a few top 4 predictions. Certainly more than when we knocked off Freo.

First q wasn't that bad. Had we made more of our hard work and not handed them a couple of cheapies, we would have been a few goals up.

Woulda coulda shoulda...

But that aside we only where a goal down against a power house club over a long time, a side until last night many considered a chance for the flag.

Cam mooney at the end of the first said we where the better side in the 1st.

ninjahaha said:
First q wasn't that bad. Had we made more of our hard work and not handed them a couple of cheapies, we would have been a few goals up.

Woulda coulda shoulda...

But that aside we only where a goal down against a power house club over a long time, a side until last night many considered a chance for the flag.

Cam mooney at the end of the first said we where the better side in the 1st.

So true! the first qtr review could of shown a major lead by Richmond. too many turnovers. We must start good and take all opportunities.

Quality of media comment in the Afl is abysmal. Rely too much on the results and no real analysis or understanding of the matches. 12 months ago GCS were the media favourites, playing in the finals, GWS have not recruited well and well behind GCS. 12 months later Ablett injured and GWS are the darlings and GCS are the basket case.

Asks for their bias against RFC cannot wait for the day we win the Grand Final and we can stick it up all the media commentators, except for KB and Richo. :rofl

Your missing nothing if you watch your footy on channel 7 and your tv has no volume. As a matter of fact you will probably get more out of the game by not listening to the commentators at all and just watching the game unfold on your own. No critical analysis worth listening to apart from the odd Ling tidbit, with cliche after cliche. Absolute hacks feeding from the afl trough, all singing from the same out of tune hymn sheet.

IanG said:
Titus O'Reilly said it but hew was just poking fun like he does with everything.
I like Titus, he spreads the humour around every club, actually some of his funniest work centres around his own club of Melbourne.

Just seen the promo for Open Mike this week on Fox .He has Brian Cook on from Geelong , who said the cats offered Ablett 1MILLION a year for 5 year's and he obviously knocked it back .He said the highest paid player was on 550 -600 at the time .
What sort of money must Ablett be on at Gold Coast ?

69 vintage said:
Just seen the promo for Open Mike this week on Fox .He has Brian Cook on from Geelong , who said the cats offered Ablett 1MILLION a year for 5 year's and he obviously knocked it back .He said the highest paid player was on 550 -600 at the time .
What sort of money must Ablett be on at Gold Coast ?
And he didn't just say they offered a little bit more, but a lot.

I guess its silly season in terms of some of the crap that spills out of the media with the excitement of the new season. but some of the stuff said this time around is really unbelievable. the one that takes the cake is eddies new stadium idea which is as preposterous as the belief that Jesus rose from the dead.

but there are 2 in particular that make me wanna crawl up into a hole coz I am so embarrassed that these comments were made by 'journo's' who apparently have some respect in this town.
1. Jon Anderson wrote a 2 page spread about something called a "coach pressure index" in yesterdays paper. seriously, how does this tripe get printed?
2. Tim Watson said with a straight face on radio this morning that we are likely to miss the finals if we lose in round 1.

as for the talk from some corners that Carlton are a rough chance tonight (i'm looking at you Jon Ralph), get out of la-la land. we will flog them (6 goals+).

just to finish off, no I haven't been sucked in by the journo's who are trying to rile us up (i'm actually glad many of them have low expectation of us this year), I am purely commenting on my own observations.