The media | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The media

The_General

Ancestors need to return to the PRE
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Watching the news tonight and there's a segment that's about Collingwood announcing how they've proven they're the real deal after last nights game against Freo.

When we beat Freo, we got lucky. Freo were off their game and we pinched one.

I had to double check that Freo won last night. Simply amazing how we've got that much work to change opinions.
Geeze we better win tonight, otherwise we'll be declared flukes.

It's unbelieveable. I also read that Collingwood were "brave".
We beat Freo and then questions were asked when we got within 20 points of the second placed team.

Having said that I think we'll get torn a new one tonight and then they'll all be smug again.

And tonight is the exact reason why Collingwood get plaudits for a brave loss and we get ignored for a win against a good side. We're shithouse. Inconsistent. Mentally weak. Pretenders.

:police:
The_General said:
And tonight is the exact reason why Collingwood get plaudits for a brave loss and we get ignored for a win against a good side. We're sh!thouse. Inconsistent. Mentally weak. Pretenders.
:hihi :hihi :hihi

The whole game was inconsistent.

I'll stand by that.

The mentally weak bit.....might have to put that one back in a vault :rofl

The thing that sh!ts me is that it never lets up and the stereotypes are continually trotted out. Even this week after Rance signed, there were comments along the lines of "Gotta admire his loyalty, giving up the chance to ever play in a premiership". This is a team that's won 16 of its last 22, yet we're still widely regarded as doomed to fail.

You have to wonder what negative thoughts go through the heads of good players at other clubs when Richmond comes knocking.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
The thing that sh!ts me is that it never lets up and the stereotypes are continually trotted out. Even this week after Rance signed, there were comments along the lines of "Gotta admire his loyalty, giving up the chance to ever play in a premiership". This is a team that's won 16 of its last 22, yet we're still widely regarded as doomed to fail.

You have to wonder what negative thoughts go through the heads of good players at other clubs when Richmond comes knocking.
Who said that, L2T2R? We do get ignored a bit when they're looking for the next big thing, but that'll make it all the sweeter when the giant awakes and kicks their house down.

CarnTheTiges said:
Who said that, L2T2R? We do get ignored a bit when they're looking for the next big thing, but that'll make it all the sweeter when the giant awakes and kicks their house down.

OK, I didn't hear it directly from anyone in the media. Did hear a fair bit of "Same old Richmond, getting ahead of themselves again" (yet West Coast were labelled premiership contenders in the same breath). But that sort of thing leads directly to the social media comments about Rance. Even the 70K members mark is treated as a joke.

It's just the holistic perception of the club. Can people in the media really not see the positive change that has been effected since 2010? Or are they just wilfully *smile*ing blind?

We deserve better.

A mar update:

Sydney were very good in the first half.

Richmond will not do well if they play as they did in the first half.

Question to miles: we're ou disgusted with your tackling in the first half?

Sydney would have gone into the room and said these guys are absolutely hopeless. They were lulled into a false sense of security by Richmonds terrible football.

Lucky we all know the actual result hey?

This man does not belong on the radio at any time of tr day or night.

He actually sounds musty and smelly, if you know what I mean...

The sound of his voice reminds me of the smell of a cluttered op shop.

CarnTheTiges said:

Titus O'Reilly said it but hew was just poking fun like he does with everything.

caspar said:
A mar update:

Sydney would have gone into the room and said these guys are absolutely hopeless. They were lulled into a false sense of security by Richmonds terrible football.

Who said that?

caspar said:

It's usually bad luck or some shortcoming in the opposition that allows Richmond to win. Lack of respect, six-day break, bye, heavy training block, missing key players, tough game last week, umpiring. It has to be something. Anything. Richmond players can only be critically assessed after losses.

Fact: Richmond is a maturing side that has won 5 of 8 v Sydney, 4 of 7 v Fremantle, 3 of 7 v Hawthorn, 4 of 5 v Port.

Up yours, sh!tty footy media.

IanG said:
Who said that?

A mar = A.Maher?

caspar said:
A mar update:

The sound of his voice reminds me of the smell of a cluttered op shop.
One part is true , Richmond will not do well if we play like we did in the first half. However if we play consistently like we did in the 2nd half we will give the flag a shake.

I assume you are talking about that Carlton flog Andy Maher ??

No sorry everyone . I'm talking about mar Macclure. A thread that i couldn't find has mar in the title, and no one thinks enough of him to correct that spelling. So it lived on .. At least for a while.

We were poor in the first half. But what mar could not bring himself to mention was that our senior players brought about a 51 point turnaround.
That , according to mar, was due to Sydney going in at half time and saying to on e another " these guys are hopeless".

Oh and talking about the suspensions, he was speculating only as to how franklin and Tippett could get off as lightly as possible. "Edwards went off.. But he wasn't concussed. They decided that."

caspar said:
No sorry everyone . I'm talking about mar Macclure. A thread that i couldn't find has mar in the title, and no one thinks enough of him to correct that spelling. So it lived on .. At least for a while.

We were poor in the first half. But what mar could not bring himself to mention was that our senior players brought about a 51 point turnaround.
That , according to mar, was due to Sydney going in at half time and saying to on e another " these guys are hopeless".

Oh and talking about the suspensions, he was speculating only as to how franklin and Tippett could get off as lightly as possible. "Edwards went off.. But he wasn't concussed. They decided that."
I got the carlton flog part right ;D