The Media BT and Parkin on AFL Teams tonight, GRRRR !!!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Media BT and Parkin on AFL Teams tonight, GRRRR !!!!

super_coach said:
bt was injured from memory

Everytime he commentates apparently ;D

Agree with Ya RT - precious pansies! Also, every recent premiership bar Hawthorn had a great spread of goalkickers, so getting too Reiwoldt focused wil be a mistake - but Hardwick already knows that and has commented accordingly - so Parkin is hardly off the mark on that issue.

It's a dangerous fool who challenges a credentialled expert without any credentials themselves. ;D

If anyone had bothered to listen to the ABC radio coverage of our game against WC, you would have heard Parko giving Jack HUGE raps, along with just about everyone in the team and saying we have massive potential for improvement and he can't wait for the Tiger Army to start to roar. Do not put him in the same category as half-wit BT and drongo Dwayno. The point about Jack being our only avenue to goal was made more to make WC look stupid for not zoning/double teaming him as the stats say he's who we go to - how could they not know that.

My re-collection is that BT wasn't injured for the 1982 GF. We were worried about being too top-heavy up forward and went with that gun Ian Sartori instead (seems we had already slipped into "top up" mode).

If BT's got it in for the Tiges for dropping him then I think he might have a point. Wasn't he also still on Collingwood's list in 1990 and missed out there, too?

But please, let's not get into the 1982 GF. There are enough painful threads out there on that depressing topic.

BT, this would be the same bloke who was notorious for most of his career for doing just enough to ensure selection the following week and then shut down? Did Parkin actually watch the middle part of the game against WC when Jack was double teamed and the Tigers looked for other options and headed for goal through them? I believe Hardwick is trying to develop multiple options which is why guys like Griffiths and Astbury are getting games.

nwonash said:
BT will never forgive Richmond for not playing him in the 1982 Grand Final.

BT had a knee issue and couldn't play. He elaborated on this last year sometime. The club wanted to play him but he couldn't play. The hide the fact they said nothing to no-one.
BT kept his word & also didn't tell his parents who came down to see him in the GF and even ran out on the ground for the team warm up.
All this to confuse the Blues.

He might still hate RFC for the reasons he left the club $$$, but not sure on that.

Also not sure what the issues were for the Pies not playing him in the 90 GF.
Unlucky to miss out on 2 GF wins

Parko has lost the plot in recent years. Remember at the end of the 2006 season when he leaked Bomber Thompson would be sacked by the Cats. Good call that one!

Even though Parko was critical of the possibility of us being too one dimensional, both Pickers and him selected us to beat the Lions, so i really dont think they were totally crapping on the direction we are heading in.

Supposed bitterness aside, BT is bloody entertaining .

Apart from the odd bit of work by Commetti, BT is the only bloke who has the talent to troll supporters, live, in real time. Bloody funny bastard. I'd take his calls over just about anyone. Clever guy.

brad bowman said:
I just turned on AFL Teams on Foxtel with The MUPPETS consisting of; BT,Parkin, Pickering and Colbert, and BT says after a couple of good weeks that Jack doesn't deserve a pay rise and he's performances are alittle overrated, then Colbert says well who at Richmond deserves a pay rise then, and then BT laughs, and says yeah "good point"???

Parkin comes in and says that Jacko could spell disaster for Richmond as being the only target and too much ball going through him like Richo over the past 15 years.If they'd done their research ,we are trying to develop Astbury,Griffith and Post and they have all played a hand full of games and Jack himself is only 21yo and already those peanuts are predicting a dark future for us???

My argument is, they have gone out of their way to pay out on us since Round 1, even after a turnaround of 14 players from last year and it was always going to take time for the game plan to develop and we never heard any of them say anything negative towards Melbourne which were doing the same thing whilst tanking in previous years!!!.
Though for the past month or so Richmond have been competative and showing some good signs but those muppets still continue to stick the knives in and I'm personally sick of either conflict of interest,bias or personal aganda's in regards to todays commentators, and they don't hide the fact they dislike certain sides.

We never had issues back in the 80's/90's with; Petert Landy,Lou,Skilton,McKenna and Sandy Roberts and they called the game as they saw it and without requiring 6 special comments people and bias towards teams.

No wonder players like Jack don't wish to speak to certain media because they are all hypocrites and seem to jump on board a side there've been bagging after a win and a prime example of that is the King Of Muppets Himself,Dwayne THE PAIN Russell!!! :mad: :mad:

Until we play regular finals we won't get respect from anyone other than our own that's just life.

Leysy Days said:
Yeah, Leysy's a fan of the bristle as well.

Like his work.
Leysy just has to love that sly pursing of the lips when he's trolling badly. Ferking makes evo LOL every time.

He understands what it is to be a footy 'expert': it's just one big *smile* stir.

ROLLS ROYCE said:
Sorry TOO.....I dropped a sitter....it was RT who defended Parko as a balanced commentator. Many apologies old fella :thinking

Not really RR, when in doubt blame Tooheys, the PRE whipping boy ;D

Tigers of Old said:
On the Leo's early tonight I see CMT. ;D

Still have a chuckle about when we first met, at Gustigers place for the Bulldogs game where we lost it by 20 goals.

Instead of laying the blame squarely on Wallace' shoulders I put it on yours for slagging Krakouer all night.

;D priceless.