The Media BT and Parkin on AFL Teams tonight, GRRRR !!!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Media BT and Parkin on AFL Teams tonight, GRRRR !!!!

brad bowman

Cannot wait until "2009th"!!!
Nov 30, 2005
Chaddy
I just turned on AFL Teams on Foxtel with The MUPPETS consisting of; BT,Parkin, Pickering and Colbert, and BT says after a couple of good weeks that Jack doesn't deserve a pay rise and he's performances are alittle overrated, then Colbert says well who at Richmond deserves a pay rise then, and then BT laughs, and says yeah "good point"???

Parkin comes in and says that Jacko could spell disaster for Richmond as being the only target and too much ball going through him like Richo over the past 15 years.If they'd done their research ,we are trying to develop Astbury,Griffith and Post and they have all played a hand full of games and Jack himself is only 21yo and already those peanuts are predicting a dark future for us???

My argument is, they have gone out of their way to pay out on us since Round 1, even after a turnaround of 14 players from last year and it was always going to take time for the game plan to develop and we never heard any of them say anything negative towards Melbourne which were doing the same thing whilst tanking in previous years!!!.
Though for the past month or so Richmond have been competative and showing some good signs but those muppets still continue to stick the knives in and I'm personally sick of either conflict of interest,bias or personal aganda's in regards to todays commentators, and they don't hide the fact they dislike certain sides.

We never had issues back in the 80's/90's with; Petert Landy,Lou,Skilton,McKenna and Sandy Roberts and they called the game as they saw it and without requiring 6 special comments people and bias towards teams.

No wonder players like Jack don't wish to speak to certain media because they are all hypocrites and seem to jump on board a side there've been bagging after a win and a prime example of that is the King Of Muppets Himself,Dwayne THE PAIN Russell!!! :mad: :mad:

Re: AFL TEAMS BT AND PARKIN ARE DOING IT AGAIN!!!

brad bowman said:
I just turned on AFL Teams on Foxtel with The MUPPETS...

See, that's where you went wrong.

The only Muppet you need to focus upon is Beaker. Rich will be his next scalp.

mld said:
See, that's where you went wrong.

:hihi

Gotta agree Brad - in another thread I said I preferred Dermie toa lot of commentators, and that's exactly why. He doesn't seem to have agendas, just calls it as he sees it. If we (or anyone else) is playing badly, he describes and explains why as he understands it, without the snide, sniping remarks.

It's so convenient for the media to have a hopeless team they can pay-out on. They don't have to think or do their job. No wonder they don't want to see a shake-up in the order of things.

i think I can see where Parkin is coming from but someone on your list capable of kicking 100g a disaster ::)...when did they let you out man :hihi

Parkin had a fo at us a few weeks ago and tOO and others said i was being precious.

The guy is a dinosaur and now a *smile*......living off a past era and not up with the modern game.

Sure he was a great coach in his era and passionate but today's football is a little different than the 80's and that is where neck veins still lives.

ROLLS ROYCE said:
The guy is a dinosaur and now a *smile*......living off a past era and not up with the modern game.

Sure he was a great coach in his era and passionate but today's football is a little different than the 80's and that is where neck veins still lives.

Agree.

Parkin is so out of touch with the modern game it's not funny.

Tigers of Old said:
Did I? Can't recall saying that but happy to be shown otherwise re DP.
I too think Parkin's best is well past him.
Sorry TOO.....I dropped a sitter....it was RT who defended Parko as a balanced commentator. Many apologies old fella :thinking

To be fair they did praise our midfield (we're leading the AFL for clearances) and Pickering said something like we've got a great group to take us up the ladder. Parkin said we're on the rise unlike West Coast and also gave us a good assessment but I can't remember his exact words.

ROLLS ROYCE said:
Sorry TOO.....I dropped a sitter....it was RT who defended Parko as a balanced commentator. Many apologies old fella :thinking

Yes I defended him - as he speaks more sense than most media commentators. He is right too about being Jack focused - he was only stating the bleeding obvious that we have to develop other avenues to goal - which according to inside club reports we are.

Nik said:
To be fair they did praise our midfield (we're leading the AFL for clearances) and Pickering said something like we've got a great group to take us up the ladder. Parkin said we're on the rise unlike West Coast and also gave us a good assessment but I can't remember his exact words.

Thanks Nik you elucidate how I interpreted the show. The bucket was firmly tipped on West Coast and Richmond was used as a comparison when looking at which direction each club was moving towards - up the ladder or down.

I fear there are too many precious people following Richmond these days and at the risk of offending you more I do remember how arrogant and aloof us Richmond supporters were during the great days from 1967 to 1980. And how we dished out the medicine to other clubs like South Melbourne and St Kilda etc. back then.

If you cannot take it - then don't give it out!

We will be in a position to be that arrogant aloof Tiger Army again - but whilst we are not accept the criticism - but don't forget it - because once we are in the finals we will need to give it back with interest........RT

nwonash said:
BT will never forgive Richmond for not playing him in the 1982 Grand Final.
Neither will I. BT was a much better option than favourite son Roach that day.

BT is a pompous pretender. I love the way he drops random obscure facts like the name of the trainer into his commentary to create the impression he’s super on top of all things AFL. Unfortunately for him he exposes that he doesn’t really have encyclopaedic knowledge every time there is a long pause as he checks the team sheet to call the name of young players that every decent play by play announcer would already know