The 2024 premiers - prediction | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The 2024 premiers - prediction

mexican_radio

*fix the midfield*
Feb 12, 2005
South of the Border
Who is your prediction to take out the cup this year?
Swans should be the favourites, I think they have ball winning players and grunt to get it done.
Power are the big challenge for them.

Swans are well deserved minor premiers and I would pick them.

Sydney are very good, should get 2 home finals and I don't mind if they win it.

Port and GWS would be next with Footscray and Hawthorn as smokies.

Apart from the fact that I can't stand the current mob at Geelong, their points against is higher than any team down to 8th. Teams with big points against don't tend to win flags. Fremantle have less points against.

Can't see Brisbane winning - the MCG seems to be a no win zone for them and they are downhill skiers so if it gets tough they are in trouble.

Carlton should be higher up and have too many injuries.

DS

Reactions: 3 users
I reckon there will be a couple of upsets.

The first one is that if Carlton get a few back including Curnow and McKay I think they may well beat Brisbane. I think that the winner of hawthorn and the Bulldogs will play in a preliminary final but lose to Sydney. The cats out in straight sets losing to Port and the semi to the winner of the hawks/bulldogs elimination final.

I’m expecting Sydney to make the grand final but I worry about their ability to win big games on the mcg, but they could play Port which they would win imo.

Tigers to win the trade period and the draft, upsetting perennial winners Essendon :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Hawthorn strong finish has Peter Burge finger prints all over it.
He had us up and running at the end of our successful seasons and now hawthorn.

Don’t think hawks will win it, but reckon they will come close.

Anyone but Geelong.
This first and foremost.

Sydney favorites.
Hope GWS do it, continuing the Richmond legacy of Premiership coaches.
Hawks have a Richmond 2017 feel about them. The right momentum coming into the finals.

Reactions: 2 users
A little off topic, but why does the AFL persist with footy in September? Honestly I no longer see the point of doing it.

My tip Hawks.

Reactions: 1 user
I reckon Port are the form team in the top 4, are playing a finals style footy, are on the easier side of the draw and have secured 2 home finals.

The 2 form teams of the elimination finals play each other, doggies and hawks, and the winner face Sydney or GWS away.

Reckon Hawks left their run a tad too late and I can’t see them winning 4 finals (unlike us in 2017 who only had to win 3).
Doggies are the unknown while Lions are flakey away and the Bloose are limping and out of form.

The cats naaah, out in straight sets.

An aside, the AFL have shafted Sydney with a Saturday final, the loser will have a day less to recover than the lower placed winner. Why does the AFL continue to put their greedy little fingers into the pie at the expense of integrity - just stop changing things and bending to media and let the top 4 play the first 2 finals. A great reward for the minor premier.

The odds are the premiers come from the top 4 (Sydney, Port, Geelong & GWS)

Who else other than the Doggies have won a flag from outside the top four in the final 8 era?

Firstly, anyone but Geelong. Or Port, couldnt bear Karen if Port won! So hopefully one of the Sydney teams. For Sydney, finishing top is a bit of a poisoned chalice.

Anyway, my gut feel is Port.

Reactions: 1 user
Dogs, as Bevo stuck fat under a lot of pressure and deserves it. Time for their 3rd.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Swans or GWS.
That is probably a bit of expectation and a bit of hope.

In order:
I really dont want the Cats to win.
I dont want Port to win (unless they play the Cats.)
I dont want Bris to win.
I dont want Carlton to win.
Id rather the Dogs dont win.
Id rather the Hawks dont win.
I would be going for the Giants against the Swans i reckon.