Thank you ...... | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thank you ......

Tygrys said:
Think again - having beaten St Kilda they will go in hot favourites.
They would have gone in hot favourites anyway
At least now they aren't going in with a point to prove after a close loss

Bart: I feel so full of...what's the opposite of shame?
Marge: Pride?
Bart: No, not _that_ far from shame.
Homer: [quavering] Less shame?
Bart: [happy] Yeah...

geolinpie said:
Thought that it was a great game. Hard fought. Loved it despite the loss.
It has got me thinking though, play like this every week and pick four is not a sure thing.
I believe there are teams who might be in [size=10pt][size=10pt]more strife then us. (Essendon[/size][/size], Adelaide and even the Hawks)

Thats a joke right ?

What possible facts could you base that statement upon ?

Please ... enough of the great game, great players ... we let a team win with a miserable 38 inside 50s! Only Richmond could lose from that position ... and we had 54 inside 50s to boot!

First good four quarter performance by the boys today and enjoyed the game despite the loss. We would have won with a bit more conviction and direction when coming out of defence into the forward line, nonetheless, liked what I saw.Foley makes a huge difference in our midfield and today showed what an important player he is to our team. Great effort by the Tigers and as DH said post game, our season starts now. We need to maintain that pressure and commitment through the rest of the year.

Hungry4footy said:
Please ... enough of the great game, great players ... we let a team win with a miserable 38 inside 50s! Only Richmond could lose from that position ... and we had 54 inside 50s to boot!

If you cant see the positives from this game compared to the rest of our season so far... seriously? The guys almost won and showed a marked improvement. We never looked out of the game. More of that with steady improvement and the worm will turn.

Sure I see plenty of positives, particularly compared to other games this year, but history shows that an inside 50 count such as 54-38 would win 99 out of 100 games ... and we still managed to lose.

Sorry to be a 'dark-sider' but if we lose every game this year by less than a kick and are happy with our great players and positives ... I will be gutted!

Hungry4footy said:
Sure I see plenty of positives, particularly compared to other games this year, but history shows that an inside 50 count such as 54-38 would win 99 out of 100 games ... and we still managed to lose.

Sorry to be a 'dark-sider' but if we lose every game this year by less than a kick and are happy with our great players and positives ... I will be gutted!

if we lose every game this year by less than a goal from now on I'll be really pissed too, but fact is that we've been losing every game so far by ten goals plus. Today we lost by less than a goal.

Hungry4footy said:
Doesn't that make up more efficient when we do go inside 50?

Great thread Nitro

you might have touched on a nerve with quite a few people! Three pages? wow

yep I liked their efforts today. There's light at the end of the people.

our team today looked good and there's room for improvement

Some of the older players not playing today might be looking fr options

nitrotiger said:
great game....great effort boys.....
to those critics....yes we lost but it was the final siren that beat us....its great to see the team fight it out....maybe this is the fork in the road of developing the "fight and fight and win" culture....and playing dare to win footy !

Gotta agree on this one nitro glycerine.

If we keep applying ourselves like today and eliminate the silly kicking errors, it will be inevitable that we'll win some games. Especially if we see some natural improvement from the younger players as the season wears on.

nitrotiger said:
great game....great effort boys.....
to those critics....yes we lost but it was the final siren that beat us....its great to see the team fight it out....maybe this is the fork in the road of developing the "fight and fight and win" culture....and playing dare to win footy !
Yes lets all pat the boys on the back. ::)
We let them win. poor kicking is poor football.

jackfrost said:
Thats a joke right ?

What possible facts could you base that statement upon ?

We are already at rock bottom but those other teams are on the way down. So we are ahead in respect that when they are rock bottom we should be heading up.

I am thankful Foley is back and his ankle is holding up.

Yesterday his clearances were elite.