Thank you ...... | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thank you ......

nitrotiger

" lets play like the tigers of old ! "
Sep 9, 2005
Noble Park North Melbourne
great game....great effort boys.....
to those critics....yes we lost but it was the final siren that beat us....its great to see the team fight it out....maybe this is the fork in the road of developing the "fight and fight and win" culture....and playing dare to win footy !

Agree completely. I couldn't give a *smile* that we lost today. It was the effort that impressed me most. We're definitely improving as time goes, and that's all we can ask for. :clap

Well done boys, hold your head up high after today's effort.

big improvement boys. hold ya head up high. play like that every week and you'll win more then we lose.

show tho's media scum that we have talent on the list

If we play with that intensity next week we should beat the Bummers
Hopefully StKilda beat them to a pulp

nitrotiger said:
great game....great effort boys.....
to those critics....yes we lost but it was the final siren that beat us....its great to see the team fight it out....maybe this is the fork in the road of developing the "fight and fight and win" culture....and playing dare to win footy !

agreed. Well done boys. I feel crook for them, because they lost. They did really well - fought and fought and fought. Fast forward 12 months and we will win more games than we lose with that attittude. Cant fault their effort, but really feel for the boys.

But the most exciting thing is that we can now all (undoubtedly) see that there is indeed light at the end of the tunnel! Jackson, Foley, Cotchin, Martin, Nason all had great games. We smashed them in the centre and had more of the contested footy.

Consistency is now the key.

:gotigers

More inside 50s today too. Great effort fellas we didn't go back into our shell when the going got tough :clap

What i liked was that our midfield prob won the battle over a recent premieship midfield.

The more we fight it out, the more it will become a regular part of our game. As we progress, our game will get more polish. More polish + shear guts/ mongrel = wins. Wins will breed momentum. We have the ability to become a power side in the competition, if like today we are prepared to fight for it.

Panzer VI said:
The more we fight it out, the more it will become a regular part of our game. As we progress, our game will get more polish. More polish + shear guts/ mongrel = wins. Wins will breed momentum. We have the ability to become a power side in the competition, if like today we are prepared to fight for it.
Well said Panzer tank. The more you do it, the more natural in becomes.
Welcome by the way.

Happy to endure this season with efforts like that, let's hope it is a stepping stone to better things.

I really felt for the boys today. I so wanted them to win so the new guys could sing the song for the first time.

rfc4me said:
I really felt for the boys today. I so wanted them to win so the new guys could sing the song for the first time.

If we continue playing like this, then West Coast in Round 12 could be our first win.

Thought that it was a great game. Hard fought. Loved it despite the loss.
It has got me thinking though, play like this every week and pick four is not a sure thing.
I believe there are teams who might be in more strife then us. (Essendon, Adelaide and even the Hawks)

We are still capable of so much better than the way be played but at least we tried hard for 4 quarters. The entertainment was worth the train ticket this week. First time I have been able to say that for a while. I am happy.

Chimp, Lids and Nason all had career highs in disposals, including 11 clearances for Chimp while Webberley can kick and showed some real commitment for the ball. 54-38 inside 50s will win most games

First enjoyable game of the season. Some of the highlights:

* Someone (Farmer?)'s tackle on Franklin. It was like a kid tackling his dad but he held on and held on and won a free.

* Thursfield - some great anticipation in getting ahead of Franklin and Roughead on a number of occasions

* Riewoldt's pack mark - great to see him take them when it matters

* Deledio - good to see some crisp accurate work at the back (most of the time, anyway!).

Was this our first 4 quarter performance in over 12 months? Just trying to remember the last time we played consistently over an entire game.

ZeroGame said:
If we play with that intensity next week we should beat the Bummers
Hopefully StKilda beat them to a pulp

Think again - having beaten St Kilda they will go in hot favourites.