Terry Wallace assess Richmond's List needs 2011 on AFL TAC Future Stars; Rance | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Terry Wallace assess Richmond's List needs 2011 on AFL TAC Future Stars; Rance

Re: Terry Wallace assess Richmond's List needs 2011 on AFL TAC Future Stars; Ra

Spoke well IMO.

A fair and accurate assessment of our list.

If anyone complains about what he said in this video then IMO it's purely because of their bias against him.

Tigers of Old said:

X2. His conclusion that what we need most was an outside mid is pretty much what Beavis said a few weeks ago.

Rance was more interesting. He spoke really well but I'm really worried about him, guys younger than him have gone past him.

vernissage said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48SlR3rPyIc
Very droll given he woefully managed our list.

:clap Thanks Vern for the links - much appreciated.

Terry might be maligned, but still knows footy and he's around the money on some of those comments. The release of Lids to play Hodge type role seems accurate, our inside mids being better than average, and the desperate need for one of Astbury / Griffths to be a success are all good comments.

Not overly sure about the adequacy of Moore/McGuane and Thirsty - think we need to roll the dice in the draft for another quality back, or trade for one - quite vulnerable down there, although Lids has tightened that up considerably in the same way Bowden did but with elite skill.

Didn't realise that rance was such a later starter, so given his acheivements thus far (I haven't been a fan), he needs 2011 under Hradwick before any decision need be made I would I think - though a trade with WC might be tantalising.

Disappointed no comment made on Connors and Collins progress, and Graham and Edwards for that matter. That Astley looked a great prospect, great hands and run, balanced - if available at 6-10 would be more than OK.

Phar Ace said:
Not overly sure about the adequacy of Moore/McGuane and Thirsty - think we need to roll the dice in the draft for another quality back, or trade for one - quite vulnerable down there, although Lids has tightened that up considerably in the same way Bowden did but with elite skill.

Definitely, we still need to increase our key position stocks by a net of 2 players.

Phar Ace said:
Disappointed no comment made on Connors and Collins progress, and Graham and Edwards for that matter. That Astley looked a great prospect, great hands and run, balanced - if available at 6-10 would be more than OK.

His comment about more runners from the backline was off the mark given Connors, Edwards and Webberley. We need skillful running midfield types but they can start off in the backline.

Overall while there wasn't anything really to get angry at him over, it wasn't a great analysis.

When he said we need another backline kicker I'm suprised no one pulled him up right then and there and hammered him about his blatant recruitment of that spud McMahon. Seems Wally is still protected by his media mates.

amazing how to be an expert as an afl commentator you need to be a failure at your job and be sacked

nikolasmia said:
amazing how to be an expert as an afl commentator you need to be a failure at your job and be sacked

Heh heh. I was thinking exactly the same thing when Duhhhwayne Russell asked Spud what, as a coach, would he do in Dean Bailey's situation today. I thought to myself, if he could answer that he wouldn't be commentating next to you!

DirtyDogTiger said:
Yeah I agree about another good mid. You cna't have too many.

I want us to jag a 22 year old ruchman loose in a trade for Bling Moore or Polo.

hahahaha ahhh that is a gold post!

Who in their right mind would trade a 22 year old ruckman, fully developed body, up to 60 games under their belt for Polo or BLing.
And if you are getting rid of Kel Moore, then you are removing one of our best backman.

Goldpost for sure :clap

doherz said:
hahahaha ahhh that is a gold post!

Who in their right mind would trade a 22 year old ruckman, fully developed body, up to 60 games under their belt for Polo or BLing.
And if you are getting rid of Kel Moore, then you are removing one of our best backman.

Goldpost for sure :clap

Don;t know about Gold, tin maybe.......you heard about Cam Wood going to Collingwood, Jolly to Sydney, Hudson to the Doggies, none of these fit the criteria exactly, but you get my drift ;D

Col.W.Kurtz said:
X2. His conclusion that what we need most was an outside mid is pretty much what Beavis said a few weeks ago.

Well that's an improved view on his view whilst at the Tigers that we needed a plethora of outside half-back flankers.

GoodOne said:
Well that's an improved view on his view whilst at the Tigers that we needed a plethora of outside half-back flankers.

Oh come on Goodies, that's a little unfair. Terry had it all coming together in 2011. :spin

martyshire said:
Agreed. Most of us could have made these observations that TW is making.

So Terry's now as good as PRE - high praise indeed :hihi

doherz said:
unfortunately that is correct

reckon his backline comments were off the mark.
a basic look at the against column will show we have conceded over 100 points more than any other team (last time i checked ladder). thats an extra game scored against us, after only 13 games. doesnt sound like a good backline.

we DEFINATELY need a big bodied FB. (goo should be given a go). we need to target an out and out FB this draft.
a couple more tough nuts would also be nice..