Team for Round 1 2016 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Team for Round 1 2016

Carter said:
Costagna Chaplin Grimes
Houli Rance Vlastuin

B Ellis Miles McIntosh

Martin Vickery Edwards
Deledio Riewoldt McBean

[Monster Ruck] Cotchin C Ellis

Lloyd Grigg Lennon Menadue

Well *smile* me, if that's not a top four squad I'll go *smile*ing he.
maybe it is a top 4 side , but with the worst coach in the AFL this side will go no where , especially in september

Carter said:
Costagna Chaplin Grimes
Houli Rance Vlastuin

B Ellis Miles McIntosh

Martin Vickery Edwards
Deledio Riewoldt McBean

What's become clear is that the team needs players with more pace but who can also use the ball well.
On Costagna, I'm not sure yet on what I have seen that he's a quality ball user. So some question marks there.

I like the inclusions of C Ellis and Menadue. Need to start playing these guys even if it means taking a small step backwards.

I'd be looking to get Bennell(due diligence) and Yarran into this side.
We need players who can run with the ball and delivery with accuracy or we are going nowhere. That team still has quite a few one paced players.

CarnTheTiges said:
So it's official then? We're delisting Ivan in the off season?

I think the spin is that we'll find someone to support him but strangely enough this recruit will end up playing the majority of games next season.

Bit early to be picking the 2016 side isnt it? There's 10 new players to come on to the list.

I'll play

Castagna Rance Grimes
Flossy Astbury Menadue
BEllis Miles Kmac
Deledio Jack Martin
Beanie TY Bennell
Kruezer Cotch Edwards

Lambert Lennon CEllis Yarran

Em Short Lloyd Maric

Carter said:
Costagna Chaplin Grimes
Houli Rance Vlastuin

B Ellis Miles McIntosh

Martin Vickery Edwards
Deledio Riewoldt McBean

Costagna? I assume you are joking?

Chaplin is a terrible footballer. Another wasted year if this blob of poo is wheeled out yet again

Grigg is like a smaller chaplin. dud

apart from those three, a good side

Barnzy and Lamb side look better

lamb22 said:
I'll play

Castagna Rance Grimes
Flossy Astbury Menadue
BEllis Miles Kmac
Deledio Jack Martin
Beanie TY Bennell
Kruezer Cotch Edwards

Lambert Lennon CEllis Yarran

Em Short Lloyd Maric

That team is still relying on - C Ellis, Menadue, Castagna to step up next year. 3 second year players. That would be very rare.

I'm tipping only one is best 22 in 2016.

Chaplin will play next year fellas, for better or worse.

FWIW I thought he was serviceable for much of the season. Took quite a few cool-headed grabs on the last line.

As for George, watch this space.

Conditioning, conditioning.

He already has pace and innate smarts. Screw that, he's *smile* exciting.

Once he has the stability of another pre-season, he'll be able to slot his passes.

One of the key questions of the NAB games - the rise and rise of Jason C.

If were still relying on Chaplin to play a major role in the backline :help :help :help :help :help :help :help
Need succession plan ASAP!

btoz_01 said:
If were still relying on Chaplin to play a major role in the backline :help :help :help :help :help :help :help

I think he'll start the year but be phased out by Astbury, Elton or Griff. Or *Carlisle*.

Carter said:
Chaplin will play next year fellas, for better or worse.

FWIW I thought he was serviceable for much of the season. Took quite a few cool-headed grabs on the last line.

As for George, watch this space.

Conditioning, conditioning.

He already has pace and innate smarts. Screw that, he's *smile*ing exciting.

Once he has the stability of another pre-season, he'll be able to slot his passes.

One of the key questions of the NAB games - the rise and rise of Jason C.

another year of chaplin

:rofl :rofl

Barnzy said:
That team is still relying on - C Ellis, Menadue, Castagna to step up next year. 3 second year players. That would be very rare.

I'm tipping only one is best 22 in 2016.

if c ellis has an injury free run

he is easy in the best side

Carter said:
I think he'll start the year but be phased out by Astbury, Elton or Griff. Or *Carlisle*.

Unless there is a turn around in selection policy he will be selected in round 1 and every round after that when fit enough to play. This has been done for the last two years despite multiple weeks of poor performance from him. The policy needs to be if you are not performing than back to the twos until you are. No matter who you are

As many have said/written and supporters I've spoken to there are positions there for the taking if the players I mention want them.

I big pre season by some of our kids, 5-7 kgs over the summer on some frames should see many press for starting 22..

Lennon, Griff should not be considered for trades. If Astbury wants to leave and we get a second round that would be great to assist us in a trade for a player.

We have holes to be filled in-

A running HB
A CHB
A ruckman to help Maric
2 contested midfielders
A goal sneak

Now to assist with above we have been linked to a few players and others we have been suggestion via the rumour board etc.

A running HB- Yarran
A CHB - Carlisle
A ruckman to help Maric- Martin, Smith, Kruezer, Leunberger, Loebe
Contested Midfielders- Trealor, Dangerfield, Redden etc
A goal sneak- Johnson, Bennell

Now a lot of these may not occur. To land 2/3 would be an unbelievable outcome. Not impossible but unlikely.

So my thinking is such. Look at our own, our list. The question though I ask is can some of these players pull their finger out and really take that next step to improve and take that opening with some guidance, belief and being told that the position:/opening is yours. Can Dimma/does Dimma have it in him to look past his favourites and give these kids, or these players that opportunity?????

So here I go!

Running HB- Yarran looks headed to us. Second round should be enough. Not a first! Houli to a wing or HFF as he can kick a goal and generally a beautiful kick and away from the pressure of HB and utilise his skills to advantage.

A CHB- no chance we can get Carlisle as Essendon want a first round plus a decent player. My choice is we have a player in our list that goes back there in Griff. Even though we would love him to be that CHF /ruck he isn't a reliable shot for goal. Tell him now Dimma CHB is your and get his mind, confidence right, fitness up and we have our CHB with instructions to kick his 60 metres out of the zone and press, no dinky 15 metres. Use Griffs asset down back.
Groom MCBean with some more size 5-7 kgs more, another pre season to be our forward option with Jack and Ty and release Griff CHB.
I would also put time, confidence in another big man with some good attributes in Elton !

A Ruckman to help Maric- the rucks mentioned, clubs would want a first round pick at most, some are contracted I think, one has injury concerns , even if he is a FA and we will need our first round on Treloar if we still want him. Danger is my next choice as RFA as we just have to be in discussions and outdo Geelong/Adelaide and offer him a longer term and $ and stuff if he will be on more $ then Cotch or if noses might get out of joint ( my views have changed) !
So here is my solution if we can get a ruckman is that Hampson has a year to run on his contract,no one would be keen on him so he spends pre season practising marking the ball, goal kicking, with the midfield and hopefully his confidence builds and he can give us some value to help out Maric. With the sub going in 2016 we can go in with Maric, Hampson combo and allow Vickery more time forward.

Midfielders-2. If we can't get Trealor, Danger, Redden etc then we have two who play elsewhere who I will get them to build their tanks etc on our list to be those midfielders. Some have mentioned it and others are against it due to their fitness concerns.
They are KMac and Vlaustin. Get them fit and tell them they are our contested beasts. KMac with another pre season has the height, build to be that midfielder we are looking for if we fail on our midfield targets. Vlaustin is tough and is suited to that role. This would release Cotch who can alternate and play that Hodge roll off HB or FP. Miles needs help as does Cotch and Deleido even though he has all the attributes can't play that role full time and is better suited as a forward who can kick you your 40 goals a year.

Forward pocket-Goal sneak. If we get SJohnson why not a year with option of a second to coach. A Stevie kicking 23 plus is better than what we are getting now. Incentive based, with bonuses on games played etc.
Get Bennell take that risk for a second round pick that we may get for Astbury who can play KMacs role on the wing.

Here is my round 1 2016 depending on worst case scenarios !

B-Elton, Rance, Grimes
HB- Yarran, Griff, Cotch
C- Bennell, KMac, Lennon
HF- Edwards, Deleido, McBean
F-Vickery, Jack, Johnson

Followers- Hampson, Miles, Vlaustin

Inter from- Maric, CEllis, Houli, Menadue, BEllis, Grigg, Batch ,Morris, and the rest of the youngsters depending on form.

Young kids have to rewarded!!!!!!

There you have it. ! Shoot away.

Like it waiting.
Reckon Johnson for a year as a player then contracted for a further year or two as an assistant coach is a move in the right direction.

btoz_01 said:

If Chaplin's cards haven't finally been marked by now then it's time for a truckload of chicken droppiings on the bonnet of Dimmas car.

LOL George.

At training the other day (when the reserves trained before the open training last saturday) his kicking was SHOCKING!

He can run with the ball TICK but unless he gets that kicking thing sorted he won't be going anywhere near the seniors!!!

Tigers of Old said:
What's become clear is that the team needs players with more pace but who can also use the ball well.

This. Pace is an issue.

Another important factor is the game plan, without a Plan B history has shown we will lose another final.