Talent Identification | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talent Identification

Will be interesting where their careers end up. Davidson has been played out of position, looks a winger to me. May has a rowing background who has plenty of scope.
I agree, his future at afl level is as a wingman.

Talent identification by VFL recruiter has been infinitely better than AFL recruiters.

Reactions: 1 users
You dont rate the likes of Seth Campbell? Or Kane McAuliffe? Or Gibcus?
I like Campbell. McAuliffe was disappointing given early season form and I’d almost put a line through Gibcus due to his injuries.

As I’ve said before, Jack Ross is our best performed draftee since 2018. Ponder that one for a bit…

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Probably look at those players' backgrounds. Did any of them go through the elite junior talent pathways? ( I don't know btw). It is not only us who that happens to, for instance our MSD pick Gray was playing at Keilor last year and was identified by Essendon VFL.

Also players mature at different rates, they can be totally different players at 20 than they were are 18 whilst others reach their ceiling at 18.
He was being coached by Mick McGuane, who contacted Essendon and put him forward.
Good networking like that helps. I'm sure our VFL side has it.

Reactions: 1 user
I like Campbell. McAuliffe was disappointing given early season form and I’d almost put a line through Gibcus due to his injuries.

As I’ve said before, Jack Ross is our best performed draftee since 2018. Ponder that one for a bit…
Don't rate Pickett?